Big Orange Warehouse

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Graham Orm":21ahhrns said:
B&Q isn't a trade supplier, their trade prices often don't come close to 'proper' trade outlets. Some things don't get discounted at all!

I think people know that, but have you ever been into a Travis where your face isn't known and been completed done over on price? At least there's no haggling at a B&Q if you are desperate and have a trade card :)

I use my independent for everything I can except electrical and birch ply (by their own admission they're expensive on electrical and have to get birch ply off the back of a big order so timings are no good). They even get my hardwood for me on their account with Robbins in Bristol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wuffles":qiendish said:
Graham Orm":qiendish said:
B&Q isn't a trade supplier, their trade prices often don't come close to 'proper' trade outlets. Some things don't get discounted at all!

I think people know that, but have you ever been into a Travis where your face isn't known and been completed done over on price? At least there's no haggling at a B&Q if you are desperate and have a trade card :)

I use my independent for everything I can except electrical and birch ply (by their own admission they're expensive on electrical and have to get birch ply off the back of a big order so timings are no good). They even get my hardwood for me on their account with Robbins in Bristol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I agree 100% I have a Jewson onmy doorstep and have a good relationship with them and get as good a price as you can get elsewhere. They even matched Selco (other side of town), for me the other day after I'd shown them the price they'd offered.

On the odd occasion I've used TP I've found them to be very expensive except when the chap behind the counter decided to put my small order through on someone's account, for reasons known only to him.

Back