Big machine and small doors!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel

Reaction score
Hi,

Im about to take a trip to UK to pick up my new machines. So i spent last night trying to figure out a good layout for my workshop-to-be, looking alot at posts here in the forum. But all of a sudden I realised that I haven't figured out how to get the 1100 kg Felder, 240 kg Bandsaw and 100 kg dust extractor from the lorry into my house?

Especially since there is a 6 step stairacase, and numerous doors....
I quickly decided to take a trip down to the house over the weekend just to make sure there will be no obstacles when i get back with the lorry.

Arrived late last night, immediately brought out a tapemeassure and OH NOOO! :shock: The doors are 50mm too small!

What to do.....
2390203072_ca7878507e.jpg

Why are you coming to the UK to pick these machines up? Surely, they can't be cheaper than what it is for you to buy them where you are - this is "Rip Off Britain", in case you didn't know! :wink:

OPJ":3gxp4nvl said:
Why are you coming to the UK to pick these machines up? Surely, they can't be cheaper than what it is for you to buy them where you are - this is "Rip Off Britain", in case you didn't know! :wink:

Sweden cheaper than the UK :D :D

Daniel's bought a s/hand Felder 8) they're rare in any country :D

Sweden Cheap :shock: I am there most months and I am always shocked at the prices, but i do like the food :D

Know the problem Daniel. I built my workshop around the bigger stuff!

Roy.

ProShop is right, I've looked around quite a bit and this was the best deal. The local FELDER dealer here actually offered me 3000£ MORE than i pay for the machine, should i choose to buy new machines from him and leave the "old" as part payment. :shock: :shock:

So Im happy with my deal although its a long trip.

It turns out my wife is happy that i knocked out that window/wall?! Just one word:

French doors.

So now I know what my first project will be! :wink:

I hope you have got a HIAB on the lorry and/or a teleloader lined up to get the machine into place :(

Jason

Yes, I opted for a rental with HIAB..
But my main problem is to divide the machine in two parts, its possible but no one at Felder can tell me how.

I´ll just have to bring alot of tools.

If there happen to be someone on the forum that has experience on how to divide a Felder cf741 for transport pleas contact me!!

/Daniel

Daniel":2p8gb3fy said:
Yes, I opted for a rental with HIAB..
But my main problem is to divide the machine in two parts, its possible but no one at Felder can tell me how.

I´ll just have to bring alot of tools.

If there happen to be someone on the forum that has experience on how to divide a Felder cf741 for transport pleas contact me!!

/Daniel

I should have some photo's somewhere
pm sent

Are you taking the long route via Denmark/Germany/Belgium/France

Or are you taking the boot direct to Sweden

Any way you take its going to be a long drive :evil:

Back