Biesemeyer fence

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvondarkmore

Reaction score
I have recently bought an old startrite 10" table saw and i would like to upgrade the fence i have read a lot about the Biesemeyer fence system but as of yet not been able to find anywhere in the uk who sells them .does anyone know where they sell them in the uk or is there another after market fence that anybody would recommend any help would be extremely helpful.

I have a design for a home-made aftermarket fence on one of my DVDs (WE10). It is as robust as a beisemeyer and is made of readily-available steel section and a toggle clamp. Once you've got all the bits together it's the work of a couple of hours to make. No metalwork required beyond tapping a hole. It's an excellent design (I adapted someone else's, it's not totally original, I'm sad to say) but I've fitted it to a few saws now and it always delivers. It knocks spots off most factory-supplied fences. Works for bandsaws too, actually. It's rock solid and anyone who has made it up has said the same.
If I can find a photo I'll post it, although I don't actually have access to my own saw at the mo to take any new ones.
S

Don't think you're going to find a uk seller I'm afraid.
In fact I don't think you're going to find a European seller, youre looking at a very expensive us import

I'm sure someone will suggest a good readily available alternative soon

Mark

An alternative to consider is the Delta 36-T30, which is a similar design. Can be had online for under $200 before shipping and import duty, if you really don't want to make one yourself.

Latest posts

Back