Better bandsaw blades?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WellsWood

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm sure the answer to my question is already on here somewhere but can't seem to find it with the search.

I've got an EB Bas315 bandsaw that takes 88" blades. I have always used Axminsters blades in it until now but the last few I've bought have been a bit hit and miss quality wise. Does anyone have a good, reliable and quick source for a better alternative that won't break the bank.

I seem to remember recently a brief mention of "Dragon" blades on the forum and have found a company called Dragon Saws Ltd who sell via EBay, are they the same thing? Has anyone dealt with them? and if so would anyone like to comment on quality/ performance compared to Axminster? I mainly use the machine for resawing (100mm Oak at the moment) so generally use 5/8" x 4 blades since this is the widest my machine will take.

Any advice welcome

Cheers
Mark

Hi Mark,

Yes, you have the right outfit there.

First class service and good products. Give them a call or email them if you want any advice as they are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Can't comment on how the products compare to the Axminster one's as I haven't tried them, but have had no reason at all to be dissapointed with the Dragon Saw ones.

Cheers, Paul. :D

I have an eb315, fitted with a Wood Slicer blade from Highland Hardware in the states. They are very good blades. :D
Highland are a good company to deal with, I have ordered on line and had stuff shipped over and a friend has picked up things that I pre-ordered online.

I have never used Dure Edge or Dragon, but the original eb and screwfix blades are pants compared to the Wood Slicers. :roll:

Mark

Having failed ot get a new Dure Edgew, I bought a Dragon blade on the back of Devond Woody's review and am very pleased - as good as the Dure Edge and cheaper too :wink:

Thanks everyone for the help. I really fancy one of those "woodslicers" form across the pond, but 88" is not listed as one of their standard sizes and I don't fancy the 4-6 week wait for a "custom size" one, so I reckon I'll give Dragon a try on Monday (er...I mean Tuesday) to see what they recommend. As it turned out, I had to go to Axminsters place in Bobbing on Friday so impatience got the better of me and I picked up a 5/8 x 3 while I was there, to keep me going. Oh well, at least I should end up with the means to do a direct comparison for future reference.

Mark

Back