Bestcombi PT bearing replacement

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobSlade

Reaction score
KityPT.jpg
KityPT.jpg
Hi - I'm new to UKW and have a question already!!!!
I have a three motor Kity Bestcomb 2000. One of the PT bearings has failed (I shall replace both) I have a manual and can see the schematic for the PT. The grooved drive (marked in my photo) which accepts the drive belt needs to be removed before I can get to the bearing. I can't understand how it is fixed in place (other than press fitted) and therefore removed. I would appreciate any advice on this and its safe removal.
For others interested, I have my machine in bits at present - Bed off - Saw out with all components visible. I will log and video/photograph if anyone would like to see its insides other than through the yellow box on the side!!
Thanks - Bob

Attachments

• KityPT.jpg
    KityPT.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 68
Agreed as Wallace says. It looks like aluminium and so could have been driven onto some splines in the shaft maybe.
Measure/mark the current position so you can put it back so the belt runs true.

Thank you both for your replies. A little heat and it came off the spline. It fits up to a raised edge for the correct position. For others interested in this post - Don't forget the nut on the LH side is LH thread.
However, one of the bearings has been slipping on the shaft (see photo) and worn it quite significantly. I suspect it could be sleeved in some way but I've managed to find a supplier here in France at the link below. They stock Bestcombi parts. The shaft is €100 bare and fully loaded €200. They post to the UK.

Go to "probes machinoutils" I don't have permissions to post links for some reason!

Some parts are extremely expensive for what the are, such as bearings which can be bought from bearingboys for a fraction of the price. Bearing info "ABEG 6202RS SUPRA"

Thanks again guys
Bob

Attachments

• KityPTstripped.jpg
    KityPTstripped.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 24
Back