Best Xmas present tool wise…

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So apart from my Secret Santa stuff I didn't get any tools for the maker space but I did get a lovely heavy duty work apron, one of my other interests is building little models from here
https://www.metalearth.com/A few of my presents were tool kits to help with these builds and a model that I don't have yet. The rest of my gifts were a beard care kit, 2 expansion packs for a board game I have based of my favourite PlayStation game, superhero socks and Belgian seashell chocolates.

Not vintage, classy or pretty but I’m so delighted with a little Halfords Advanced 40 piece socket set. Halfords Advanced 40 Piece 1/4" Socket Set | Halfords UK

Simply because every time I have a little job that’s needs a small socket in the house, it’s out to the shed- hoik out the huge socket set - find a clear space to lay it down to open it etc. etc. then reverse once you’re done.
Now I have a little live-in-the-cupboard set that will cover 90% of the things I use the big set for.
Can’t stand Halfords really, but their advanced stuff is good and as importantly has a lifetime guarantee which they honour.

Same as D_W, nowt, but I have just bought myself a Starrett 18AA automatic centre punch - been thinking I should get one for a while and Mikej460 seems pleased with his, so that's as good a recommendation as any.

I also suspect I might be getting a very handy cramer silicone profiling / tooling kit from eriktheviking.

Those pups are just adorable Clogs.

Oh and technically a home baked Xmas cake from one of my clients about a month back that I've been feeding with tawny port - once my bloody flu is gone and my tastebuds work again I'll have a slice with a dab of cream.

When we cleared out the mother-in-laws house after she passed we found 2 very old singers, haven't really looked at them to see model numbers etc, are theylikely to be of any value?
Note the serial number and look it up. Just type in 'Singer serial number' in the search and you should get some sites appear that will allow you to age your machines. It's unlikely that they're worth a great deal but lots of leather workers look out for some of the old ones.

Oh and technically a home baked Xmas cake from one of my clients about a month back that I've been feeding with tawny port - once my bloody flu is gone and my tastebuds work again I'll have a slice with a dab of cream.
OMG - cream on Christmas cake :eek::eek: - it should only be eaten with Wensleydale :giggle::giggle:

A bit boring but asked Santa for one of these (and it only turned up 10 mins ago :confused:)

sys drawer 1.jpg

Always liked the look of them but was put off by the fact the little container boxes to go inside would be another £60 (got to love Festool) but I saw a post on FOG saying the older style boxes fit (near enough) and they do!

So from this

sys drawers 2.jpg

To a much more streamlined this

sys drawer 3.jpg

Will be going on a roll board with a little bench on top, how exciting 😂

My woodworking present this year was from my son and was a Planet pen turning mandrel and a gift voucher from Yandles.
Pen turning is something I want to try but have not done before so may well be here asking for help.
Happy new year to all.
powertools

Completely fed up buying throw away saws that don’t last longer than a few weeks of regular work I decided to treat myself to a pair of diston d8,s one for crosscuts and the other for rip cuts . Mine were stolen in a burglary many years ago . Condition is good and the seller has sharpened and set the teeth etc and generally cleaned up the blades .🤗🤗🤗

Attachments

• 25E8160A-0F67-4938-A16E-E131119806B5.jpeg
    25E8160A-0F67-4938-A16E-E131119806B5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 2FF7F078-EA0E-402E-879A-AF58BF842380.jpeg
    2FF7F078-EA0E-402E-879A-AF58BF842380.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 9691FAD5-5249-4130-9897-11AD994FFF2D.jpeg
    9691FAD5-5249-4130-9897-11AD994FFF2D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Completely fed up buying throw away saws that don’t last longer than a few weeks of regular work I decided to treat myself to a pair of diston d8,s one for crosscuts and the other for rip cuts . Mine were stolen in a burglary many years ago . Condition is good and the seller has sharpened and set the teeth etc and generally cleaned up the blades .🤗🤗🤗

He sharpened and set the teeth?

What's his number?

Back