Best table saw blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hooch

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
After the great advice here on what bandsaw blades to use (tuff saws)
I was wondering what you all recommend for table saw and mitre saw
I have a dealt table saw with the standard blade which has done me well, but it's coming up for needing replacing so thought I would ask what you guys are using
Thanks

For larger blades (ie; over 8"), Atkinson Walker or Dart would be my choice for performance vs cost. Although the Bosch Optiline are supposed to be a good choice.

I've used Freud and Cutting Solutions and I like the blades, but another firm worth looking at is Wealdens (usually associated with router cutters) as I'm very impressed with the blade I bought from them.

Mark

+3 for Atkinson Walker: Following advice here I found good prices, good blades to do exactly what I wanted, and an excellent hassle-free payment & shipping service. Usual disclaimers.

The only downside is you have to put the blade in the right way round!!!!!! To save you searching the threads here, "silly person AES" put his new AW blade in the wrong way round first time and until advice was offered on here he couldn't understand why all that was happening was VERY slow cutting and LOTS of smoke. (To be fair to myself, the saw in question was the ONLY circular cutting or abrading tool I've ever seen where an arrow to show rotation direction was not cast into the guard. It IS clearly marked now though).

Krgds
AES

Actually Felder make some good blades which they currently have on offer at very good prices.

It might be that the main UK importer just so happens to be around the corner from where I live and I like going there to look at all the shiny things, but iv always been a fan of CMT stuff, never had a problem with there stuff with the exception of a 18" blade I had off them that just wasn't right, I couldn't put my finger on what it was but I kept having visions of loosing said finger, but they swapped it no problem.#

PM me for details if needed.

Back