Best / Nearest supplier of timber to Cleethorpes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

got wood

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, hope some of you can help me!
I will shortly be starting some built in wardrobes (not unlike these https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19740), and am looking for a good supplier in my area (Cleethorpes in N E lincs).
I've had a quick tot up, and am looking for approx 13 sheets (8x4) of ash veneer MDF, probably 4 sheets of ash hardboard (if I can get it), and and unknown quantity of solid ash.
My nearest supplier for the ash would probably be Somerscales in Keelby (again I haven't checked if they supply it).
The mdf can be supplied from Edens, which looks like a decent company, but is obviously quite a distance from me.
As you can tell, I am quite new to this so any help would be appreciated :D
Hopefully I shall be able to post a progress on this once it gets underway.
p.s. I have managed to get a thicknesser out of the job :D . Looking at the makita 2012NB - any other suggestions welcome.
Once again thanks for any replys.

Jamie

There's a Howarth Timber in Grimsby. If it's like the one in Leeds, they do a small range of hardwoods (oak mainly, but some cherry beech etc.) and the best quality softwoods I have come across. They also have a large selection of veneered sheets.

I am afraid our Howarth timber don't stock any hardwood at all here in Grimsby. I do use them regularly for softwood and know the manager. Nice to see someone from my neck of the woods on here that makes three of us now, pleased to meet you Jamie. :D

HI there. First of all, sorry for the slow response (i've been ill).
Thanks for all the replys. I shall try Arnold Laver. Would it be too cheeky sawdust if I pm'ed you for a few questions regarding the wardrobes?
Nice to meet you all :p
Thanks again.

Jamie

Mailee, just for your info, Wootton Nr Ulceby here!
Also have an account at Howarth Grimsby and getting some 18mm oak faced MDF from them soon. They keep small stock of this but its a very unimpressive veneer cut. Might have look at Lavers in Hull....

Ha! Nice to meet another woodie in my neck of the woods. Yes I know Ian or Chessie and Kev there and use them now and then. Ian stated they didn't keep much hardwood in stock. :cry:

Back