Best Band Saw Blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

segovia

Established Member
Reaction score
I have bought my band saw blades from Axminster or Rutlands, as thsi is my first bandsaw I have no idea if the blades are any good. Is there a creme de la creme of blades or are they much the same ?

J

You could try Tuff Saws. It's unlikely that you'd be able to fault the service from Ian though, I couldn't compare these blades to the ones available from Rutlands, as I haven't used them. I have a used a couple of Axcaliber blades though and, for me at least, there's something refreshing about the performances of the Supertuff blades...Maybe it's in the thin-kerf, which makes the blades easier to tension on smaller machines. :)

OPJ":14ig2vod said:
...something refreshing about the performances of the Supertuff blades...Maybe it's in the thin-kerf, which makes the blades easier to tension on smaller machines. :)
You can order (by 'fone) blades from Axminster made using 14thou stock, which is the same I believe as the Tuff blades. I've always used the Ax blades which have been very good (apart from one which was instantly replaced) but I don't know how they compare to the Tuffies - Rob

woodbloke":245mwahh said:
OPJ":245mwahh said:
...something refreshing about the performances of the Supertuff blades...Maybe it's in the thin-kerf, which makes the blades easier to tension on smaller machines. :)
You can order (by 'fone) blades from Axminster made using 14thou stock, which is the same I believe as the Tuff blades. I've always used the Ax blades which have been very good (apart from one which was instantly replaced) but I don't know how they compare to the Tuffies - Rob

Hi Rob, the SuperTuff blades are completely different to the the Axminster ones. They are made from different steel, have different tooth geometry/set and the SuperTuff Fastcut has a completeley new tooth design.
I've also got 14 though blades but prefer the SuperTuff range as they are just better quality :D

Ian

Strong vote here for Tuff blades too - a recent covert. Notably faster and cleaner cutting than the variety of stock types I'd previously used (the Tuff and M42), very accurate, more easily tensioned, very well joined and very good advice and service.

Plus he's a small guy just getting going on his own after many years employed in the business....

Hi, I would also recommend Tuff Saws Blades.They are great blades with a long use life.
And a great guy to deal with.
Regards.Bill.

Bought Tuff blades after finding this website. Absolutely brilliant blades, these blades have turned my parkside bandsaw into a fantastic machine. I emailed Ian asked him for advice and bought 2 blades on the recommendation he offered. Will only buy Tuff blades now

I can also vouch for Tuff Saws.
Used them for years, excellent quality and very good advice....... they know what they are selling.

Umpteen posters here can't be wrong!

I use truff saw blades after seeing the recommended on this site. Not a heavy user and think I’ve only ordered 5 over a few years. Had a fairly new one break a week back, email to Ian, returned for a re-weld and surprised to find a new blade with the re-welded one “just incase I had problems”. First time a blade has broken, alway find the blades good quality that last and best customer service you could ask for.

desperate for a new b/s blade I bought one from Machine Mart....
at the time, same money but garbage.....
def Tuff Saw...
I also cut a lot of big metal 75mm plus solid round bar plus 10"x 10mm plate....with my metal cutting B/saw...admitidly it has coolant...Ians Cobalt blades are the best.....
As he won't send abroud my doughter gets em and sends them here with other stuff....

I have bought my band saw blades from Axminster or Rutlands, as thsi is my first bandsaw I have no idea if the blades are any good. Is there a creme de la creme of blades or are they much the same ?

J
Tuffsaw blades every time.

I mostly used Axminster and they were fine. I bought a Tuffsaws one some years ago and it was do good that now it's time to replace a few I've ordered a load from Tuffsaws. Really good products and brilliantly helpful.

Latest posts

Back