Benefits of immigration?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the unfortunate conclusion there momo, and I agree with you in general, is that taxes etc, paid by legitimate immigrants is helping to support numbers of bone idle Britishers who would find work PDQ if their benefits were cut.
Standing back and looking at the matter dispationately it is pretty stupid to employ hard working foreigners to help support lazy Britishers!

Momo, thanks for an honest reply, but would you please reply to my original question, yes or no?

Digit":2g8aht6z said:
But the unfortunate conclusion there momo, and I agree with you in general, is that taxes etc, paid by legitimate immigrants is helping to support numbers of bone idle Britishers who would find work PDQ if their benefits were cut.
Standing back and looking at the matter dispationately it is pretty stupid to employ hard working foreigners to help support lazy Britishers!

oops, guess I'm in there then. I haven't worked for near 8 years since my lungs collapsed in a spray painting booth. I should be angry because I can't work, or the polish immigrant is doing a job I want at a lower wage, but I can't be. I sit and watch my family go through hell every week because they let me save a few pounds every week for a new tool, so I can do something I like and shouldn't according to my doctor, its why i have such cheap tools and can't buy what most of you here enjoy, should I say its the immigrants fault or my fault, I was the pillock who took the mask of in the booth. so its my fault.

Many on here would be angry that I don't answer a telephone to earn a living, and they have that absolute right, am I ashamed of it ?, of course I am, I also suffer with agoraphobia, a personality disorder( I appear aggressive when I am confronted by situations I dont understand, it causes major problems) and deppression, I watched my family go to the brink of starvation a while ago, why?, because I had my benefit stopped because I couldn't ( not wouldn't) go to a medical review as I was to terrified to meet strangers, they knew this and every other time they came to me, however they said I refused and wouldn't pay me, I wrote and literaly begged them to re consider my claim in letters, they ignored me as my family went without basic foods and such( I joke not, we had nothing in the cupboards for nigh 9 weeks till a doctor and MP stepped in), I sat here and I cried at night as I looked out my window hoping they could see the pain the were in and terror I felt, I was stopped by my wife at 2am as I was walking out the door because I was convinced the postie would bring me a letter and I wanted to be there when they did come, my wife walked into town to try and sort it out, they refused her saying I had to come in, then they did the same on the phone, finally my doctor got our MP involved who sorted it rather rapidly, but not before I saw my kids go to school in shoes that were ripped and worn, and other things that turned my stomach and made me less than a man, and yet they still allow me to put away a couple of pounds a week till I can afford to buy a tool when we know they wont suffer for the loss of that money, I chose it and the wife gets it for me, and yet the worst of it is, i was laid of as a pizza delivery driver because the insurance company decided they wouldn't carry the risk, so I cant even do that as a man.Sooner or later you get to the point of laying down and dying.

You and every other jack on here has the right to be angry at me for you supporting me, I can't blame you. Or the belief that those that dont work merely do not want too, but i sit here and I see the other side of that as well, and I wont blame a immigrant for the state of the country and if just one of them cleans toilets at 4.99 an hour or less, then I have every admiration for the man, he is doing what I cant and bringing in more than I can as a national for the kitty.

Dont worry I didnt take it personaly.

Now you all know the real state of momo's life, what a . huh.

At no point momo did I suggest that ill health and laziness were one and the same. But to make a point, all three parties say that many claiming unemployment pay etc could work. Either that is a fact or a conspiracy, if it is a fact getting them into work would release extra monies to people like yourself.
Your situation, I'm sorry to say is not unique, I also ceased to work due to ill health, in my case blindness.
I suffered for 15 yrs from depression, I lost not one day from work! My GP asked me if I felt suicidal, I said yes, she asked if I had attempted it, I replied that 'I had a family to support, I could not afford the luxury'.
I also suffered from Epilepsy due to brain damage, again I lost not one day from work!
When I moved here I was offered a disabled classification by the employment office, I chose instead to become self employed!
I sympathise with you possibly to a greater degree than others because as I have explained, I have been there. That does not alter the fact that the parties all say that people are milking the system, as the pot is of limited capacity my friend, they are robbing you!
That cannot by right!

blimey, lost my wireless and couldn't get it stable.

Erm well you could look at it like that, but I prefer to think or look at it like, everyone of those immigrants that is working is giving their money to support me, so I cant accept their help and yet moan their here. I still say their a benefit to the uk economy.

Smudger":s91dg4uc said:
And the answer has to be that some are and some aren't.
I don't see refugees doing much that benefits the rest of us, but the economic migrants do, almost by definition.

It was said during Question Time tonight that there are 600,000 job vacancies in the UK, and that many of the most valuable migrants are going home, as the Polish economy is on the up.

<snipped>

I think what I am saying is that the question is a bad one - it can't really be answered. There are too many variables. The really useful ones are really useful! Others are a drain on the state.

I'm not sure we get to choose.

I agree with Smudger. You can't say it is a wholly good thing nor a wholly bad thing, it isn't that simple.
Also it is not a one way thing, thousands of Britains live and work abroad. I suspect the majority do so for their own gain and not that of the country they are in. And why not?

Guys, please remember the rules - no politics.

This thread has been reported quite enough to show that plenty of folk do so I am closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back