Bench top bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shedhead

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a small bench top bandsaw as a second bandsaw to my larger Axminster Awbb saw. I have been looking at the Jet, Fox Scheppach & Record. I need the bandsaw to take a 1/8th blade and cut about 4". Around the £150 price range. Can anyone give me some advise on what would be the best bandsaw to buy with these requirements.

Thanks
Dermot.

I was considering doing the same, as I have a big RP500, but a smaller one with a fine blade in would be very handy. Personally I don't like the Fox machines (I may be picked up on that, but I felt they were a bit crude). I had an excellent Elektra before, and Jet will be good, and scheppach. Must be a 2 wheeler in my view. Slightly depends what 'bench-top' means of course - if you need to lift and move that restricts things a bit!
There are some great used ones on ebay of course - a NuTool, several Elektras and a Record Power or two etc. Personally I'd go second-hand.
And if it's for precise work, do try a 'meat & fish' blade... a bit of a revelation in my opinion!!
(I declare myself a bandsaw 'nut'... my table saw gets used mainly to dump stuff on).

Thanks Douglas,
The saw does not need to moved just a discription I used for a small bandsaw. The main needs are that the saw can take a small 1/8th blade as I have to chop & change between a 5/8th blade and a 1/4" blade, which is the smallest my larger Axminster saw can take. I have borrowed same size blades from a friend but the bearings will not move enough to take a 3/8th or a 1/8th blade. As for the depth most of the smaller saws will only cut to 80mm - 85mm depth. This would be just on the max depth I would need to cut.
As for looking at Ebay I live in the SW of Sotland and mostly all the second hand sales are pick-up only. I do not understand the thoughts behind selling an item and not taking extra time and effort to arrange a courier????

Dermot.

Back