Bench saw with sliding table ??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peely

Reaction score
I have come across this site by a link from me searching for the above, and what an informative site I found !!
After reading all your reports on various bench saws I had decided to buy the
PERFORM CC10BSB this morning and rang Axminster to order one.

Only to be told that this was a hobbie saw and would not recommend for daily use. He recommended their Axminster SK20 at £1350 ish !!

Now I know you only get really what you pay for but the Elecktra Bekum table saw its replacing only cost £400ish and has been great.

I operate a small business cutting 8'x4' sheets of 3mm acrylic.

The saw is used for approximately 5-10 mins each day and is replacing a Elecktra Bekum table saw which has lasted 6-7 years until it gave up the ghost last Friday ! :(

Just wondered what you guys thought on the comments and if you could recommend anything else without breaking the budget by too much or would the PERFORM be ok for light daily use?

Cheers
Ian

Welcome to the forum
Some on here might know better but I dont see why not or you could go for the sip saw that looks just the same but has no yellow :)
This is the saw I mean here
A few people have this saw and are very happy with it

:? on the Axminster web site, it says light trade for that saw, which is what you will be useing it for

Colin C":3r9hb537 said:
:? on the Axminster web site, it says light trade for that saw, which is what you will be useing it for

Thats what I thought ! :?

Am I right in thinking that the SIP 01332 and the PERFORM CC10BSB are effectively the same saw ?

Only I have just been chatting to the seller on Ebay and he can't recommend the SIP saw enough. He has sold over 100 of them inc. many to industrial customers and has heard nothing but praise for it ?!!

In that case as I need the sliding table I may try Axminster again and try ordering the PERFORM without speaking to their "technical dept" who persuaded me not to originally. :(

Colin C":2guwzyx0 said:
You can also get the sliding table from sip for about £250

Yeah, well I think thats the one I'm going to have to settle for, as Axminster are talking 2-3 weeks delivery !!! :eek:

Even though the SIP works out at £770 as opposed to the PERFORM at £630 inc sliding table !

Sod and his law eh ?!!!! :cry:

SIP 01332 benchsaw purchased with sliding table !
2-3 days for delivery....................can't wait for it now !! :lol:

Hi Peely
Glad to see you got what you wanted, I am still looking as my saw at the moment is cr@p ( Ferm ).
I work for myself too, antique restorer and maker

Hi Peely,

I'm pretty sure you will be pleased with the new SIP, don't really think you can beat it at the price and the fence is great.

I don't know for sure, but would be concerned in case the Perform version had poorer spec motor or other components that might wear out sooner as they must have shaved the costs somewhere along the way !

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers, Paul

chisel":1hpwwce2 said:
Hi Peely,

I'm pretty sure you will be pleased with the new SIP, don't really think you can beat it at the price and the fence is great.

I don't know for sure, but would be concerned in case the Perform version had poorer spec motor or other components that might wear out sooner as they must have shaved the costs somewhere along the way !

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers, Paul

Will do !! :)

engineer one":1t54mtun said:
colin, im in wembley
you can always come and look at my 744

works for me well.
paul :wink:
Hi Paul,
That sounds like a good idea to me but one small question which saw is the 744 :? :)

744 is a table saw with a 600 mm capacity, to me any way a nice solid rip fence, and so far, for me no complaints on the mitre fence.

the rip fence works off a geared track, and seems quite accurate,
the rip fence can be moved into three kinds of position, so you do
thin bits too.

i have cut an 8x4 panel of 18mm mdf on it before now.
mine is fitted with a cmt blade which is the dogs *********

mine came with a metal stand, and is quite light ,left and right blade tilt too.

check the axminister catalogue, or maybe dmt.

paul :wink:
pm me and we can talk.

Back