Bench or stand for 'bench-top' table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazy_pete

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm about to pull the trigger on an Axminster TS-250M as my first table saw (first mechanised saw in general, other than an old cheap jigsaw) and whilst will need to stage the acquisition of attachments for reasons of finance, I'm wondering how best to mount such a saw.

I'm also waiting the delivery of my new 8mx4m shed/garage so have an opportunity to properly organise my garage workspace / storage before migrating from the current chaos of my garage. To give you an idea of starting point, my current 'workspace' is a couple of old shelves balanced across some IKEA trestle type things and held together with some sash clamps. Other bits / bobs clamped on as necessary and the worktop itself is sacrificial as I've a stack of the shelves (they were in a corner when we moved in).

Anyway, essentially I'm wondering whether it would be best to buy the available stand and have the saw as a separate freestanding entity, or whether there is benefit in making some sort of bench on which to mount it on / store it in when not in use. Can such a bench also serve as extended in/outfeed or side table extensions and if so can the sliding carriage be incorporated? Any advice or pointers to useful info sources would be very much appreciated. Better yet, show me your setup!

Cheers,

Pete

As it is just a larger version of the TS200. Have a search on here and google for axminster TS200 and you will find a load of info and various designs for a cabinet etc for it. In fact there is one going on at present in the project area. :)

Hi Pete,
If you have the room I think it is preferable to have your table saw permanently fixed on a purpose made stand so that it's table level is the same as your adjacent work bench which will serve as your out-feed table.
Cheers,
John

Back