Been shopping.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grahamshed

Established Member
Reaction score
Having finally got myself a lathe the other day I have been out today to the Toolpost to get some other bits.
Came away with their Journeyman set of six Hamlet woodturning chisels and a Sorby ProEdge.
Now I need a chuck and Jaws. Planning on the Axi Evolution but they are out of stock. I am betting (hoping) they will have them back for the Nuneaton turning day.

Random Orbital Bob":3akduixs said:
Nice one Graham. Out of interest what did they gouge you for the pro-edge?
That pussled me. On their site the price is quoted without VAT. adding 20% to their price came £345+shrapnel
In the shop it was £315

Let me know how you get on with it cos I've got my eye on them too and I would be genuinely interested to learn of your initial thoughts. In fact a WIP wouldn't go amiss as to how you got on with a few classic standards.....say a skew, a bowl gouge and a scraper. But you probably want to get turning I suspect :)

Cant get turning much yet till I get the chuck ( apart from spindle stuff I know ) and I cannot do anything till I have sharpened the chisels so maybe I will write up my first thoughts as you suggest.

Dalboy":1h13grqi said:
You only need spindle turning for this months challenge :lol: :lol: :lol:
ye Gods. Give me a couple of weeks to find out which end I am supposed to use. I will have a go at next months easter egg though if only for a laugh.

Grahamshed":235qqtac said:
Dalboy":235qqtac said:
You only need spindle turning for this months challenge :lol: :lol: :lol:
ye Gods. Give me a couple of weeks to find out which end I am supposed to use. I will have a go at next months easter egg though if only for a laugh.

What only two weeks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have fun playing and stay safe

The versachuck is a hell of lot less money than the evolution does the same job, even uses the same jaws

Geoff :D :D

Grahamshed":3vts5wvn said:
Cant get turning much yet till I get the chuck ( apart from spindle stuff I know )

Hi

If you received a faceplate when you bought the lathe there is virtually nothing you can't do with the equipment you have - a scroll chuck is a luxury not a necessity. Think glue and jam chucks.

Regards Mick

Vic Perrin":bimfkn9t said:
#-o Graham , you're shopping list seems to keep on GROWING #-o

Vic
Tell me about it. When slippery slope meets learning curve wallets start to bleed. :)

Back