Bearcat

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martinka

Established Member
Reaction score
Just made these for a pal's grandkids for helping me with a job on the car. My pal helped me, not the grandkids. :)
The bears have been sprayed with Wood Silk from Wilkos and the cat is still 'raw'. The wood is from an old drawer, I think, maybe someone can tell me what it is.

P1040920s_zpsc374d1ce.jpg

As usual great work, love the patterns, especially the cat, can you share the pattern or tell us wher you got it from?

Gill

Very nice Martin and it's nice to see you using some nice hardwood, which is beech. I love the bears and can just imagine them on my stall. Like Gill can you share where the pattern came from as would love to get hold of it.

Lovely work Martin and the Wood Silk is excellent considering the price of it compared to the tins of wax..... agree with the others it looks like Beech to me....... its lovely wood to cut and you can get a fine finish with it.
Cheers
Brian

Nice work Martin.
The slightly rounded edges makes for a completed finish, I must try this on some of my projects, if I can summon up the patience, which is in an ever decreasing supply. :roll:

Take care.

Chris R.

a routed round edge works well, but you need to consider the smaller cuts and if the round off will actually fit into the gap. but it is amazing how much a roundoff works.

and i second the patterns, where from ;)

Rounding over the pieces not only enhances an item but also enables the pieces to to be removed and put back much more easily, even on small pieces, like the set of three elephants that many of us make with the little baby elephant being quite small, just watch you fingers on the router table. With the enclosed jigsaw there is a largish rounding over of the outside with a smaller rounding over of the pieces.

Attachments

• Jigsaw.jpg
    Jigsaw.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,013
Hi Martin,
Excellent work attention to detail and a great finish (as always.) So do you use a std router and a 6mm round over bit or am I missing a secret?

Thanks
Chas

martinka":3k14u2k1 said:
Finished the cat.
P1040922b_zps6d9c803e.jpg

Anyone who wants the patterns, PM or email your email address and I'll send them.

Very nice designs and finnish Martins, the daughter would love cat :)

martinka":erycb3go said:
Chas, I used a home made emery cloth mop.

Thanks Martin,

I've never considered those although I have used them in my job, Ill have to invest in some and thanks for the patterns.

Chas

Back