Beam plane

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at that beam I would not like to be feeding it through so that way would be kinder on the feed rollers. Practical Guy.
Regards
John

Looking at that beam I would not like to be feeding it through so that way would be kinder on the feed rollers. Practical Guy.
Regards
John
Not sure if this is a dewalt specific thing, but it does not look like any active feeding is actually required.
Perhaps Makita can do something similar.

and another

I suppose it depends what your endgame is it will be smooth but presumably will still have every twist and imperfection from sawing!

I suppose it depends what your endgame is it will be smooth but presumably will still have every twist and imperfection from sawing!
Not if you worked the table side until it was flat and true. Then it would work like any other thicknessing machine. Square one edge and it too would be good. Usually there is more tolerance allowed when timber framing and the joints are laid out and cut to compensate for twist etc. With wood that big you ain't making pianos. 😉

Pete

Back