Beagle pup

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumberman

Established Member
Reaction score
[attachment=0]Textue 01 copy.jpg[/

This is a picture or it is supposed to be of a beagle pup made from pine segmentation. It is just a test really to see if
I can upload successfully seems to be no sign of a picture.

Harry Seems to have worked the pice should have been made from various hardwoods, but hard tocome by int he UK
and expensive, so I made a compromise albeit not a good one I used various stains.

Harry.

Attachments

• Textue 01 copy.jpg
    Textue 01 copy.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 718
Picture works fine - good looking pup! What did you use to round over the edges? I have only ever done intarsia, not segmentation, and reckon your pup would make a great intarsia with some light and dark woods, was it a pattern local to the UK or from the US, where they seem to be mad for this kind of work?

Steve

Hi Steve

The exact procedure as for intarsia, I use a bobbin sander to shape and a carving tool. It is all but intarsia except for the
absence of the hardwoods. I got the pattern from Cathy wise's book on intarsia, they seem to go for intarsia in a big way in the States, not so much here in the U.K. I have just sent for some hardwoods from America so I am hoping to make some real intarsia pieces. Maybe I will do the pup again using cherry and wenge, and poplar for the white parts and cocobola for the ball.

Harry.

Back