Be careful with your woodworking....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"I have spoken to him and he is quite embarrassed about the whole incident," Keen's mother told the Telegraph.
And to help alleviate the embarrassment she's decided to go to the papers and let the whole world know.

With family like that...

"accidently" cuts it off.... in the bath tub? now I love wood work, just not that much, well maybe I'll un-plug it first!......
:wink: Chris.

Well, you know the old saying: "never put your fingers where you wouldn't put your c**k" Maybe he took it too litterally!!!!! (or got the two mixed up :oops: :oops: :oops: )

Richard :lol: :lol:

newt":16k63xmr said:
Why was he in the bath tub
I can say with complete honesty that I've never got myself into in a situation like that, nor do I anticipate doing so, however I believe I might have an answer for that.

I expect that injury (along with other amputations of sticky out bits like fingers, hands, feet and limbs) would lead to some rather heavy bleeding. Rather than bleeding into the couch or all over the carpet, I think it actually seems kinda sensible to hop into the tub.

I'm not sure why someone sensible enough to bleed into the tub rather than ruining all the soft furnishings would be in a position to cut his gentleman's bits off... but I think that makes for as good an explanation as any. Maybe not as funny, but as good.

I remember when my little brother ripped his big toe nail off on the carpet gripper my mum made him sit in the bath to stop the blood dripping on her best carpet.

She put a plaster on and we went back to the workhouse.

Happy days, those.

T

Escudo":1drpl8ga said:
I remember when my little brother ripped his big toe nail off on the carpet gripper my mum made him sit in the bath to stop the blood dripping on her best carpet.

She put a plaster on and we went back to the workhouse.

Happy days, those.

T
Luxury!
We use' ta dream about plasters. Our mam use' ta 'it us til w' stopped bleedin'.
An' carpets? Yer don' kno' yer born! We jus' 'ad t' gravel an' mud wot us walked in off t' street.

Two things:

What on earth was he doing to have that happen? The only thing I can think of is a rather vicious kick back. I nearly lost the end of my finger to such an event.

I would like to know what he was doing purely for personal protection reasons!!

Secondly:

This was an unfortunate accident but these things happen all the time to people in his profession

I don't think so!!

I used to tell the kids in school a story (apparently true) about a woodwork teacher who put a newly sharpened chisel blade edge down into the pocket of his woodwork apron.
Then he ran for the office 'fone and tripped. You might think that the blade would have caused a bit of damage in that area and it did. It went straight into the femoral artery and he was dead in about 3 minutes - Rob

Woodbloke - You know, I've always treated chisels with the same cautious respect as I treat my knives (I'm not the psycho that makes me sound like... I mean kitchen knives, camping knives and my pocket knife!).

True or not that story sums up fairly well why I treat them as such, they may only have a small edge on them, but that edge is more than sharp enough to do a lot of damage if it has a chance. I'm cautious more about cutting than killing myself - but I still can't see myself doing something like that.

Sad story if it is true though.

Back