Batch cutting wood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uziwood786

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm making a lot of chopping boards, to the point now where it's starting to get impractical putting each piece through a table saw. I'm aware of a beam saw but obviously that's crazy expensive.

What processes are available to use to batch cut hardwood?

Thank you!

How long are your Board lengths? I thought most people cut them on either the table saw or bandsaw, watched quite a few youtube videos & that is how then always seem to cut them lol
Guess it may depend on your complete process as to how best to do that particular process.

I would think a power feed would be the easiest and least expensive option. It would optimize the speed since you would be concentrating on loading and unloading the lumber. The table saw needs to be big enough to keep up.

We have some companies that make combination machines that plane (thickness), mold, gang saw, and sand if you want to get all the goodies for them. The arbor is removed and replaced with the appropriate one for the task, 10 minutes give or take. You space the rip saw blades along the shaft as needed and then feed the wood. I'm pretty sure they do not produce a glue line finish but not having that accessory for mine I can't say for sure. You would have to see if the maximum thickness they can cut is enough for your need since they are designed for moldings. There are two companies that make them at the moment, RBI with one size and Woodmaster with three. If none or an equivalent can be found in England you could probably import one (new or used) but I don't know if the economics would be worth it. I thought Logosol made one but it appears they don't. Maybe they would customize one. The one good thing about these machines is that most all the parts are simple and can be bought off the shelf or made .

Pete

Edited to add.
I just looked and found that Woodmaster have a 50cycle motor option for overseas buyers.

Last edited:
maybe a cnc with an 8ft bed(they are a reasonable price what with businesses shutting like doors) wait till the energy hike.

Back