Basic dovetail jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wightprojects

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience of the Axminster Axcaliber dovetail jig and would they recommend it? http://www.axminster.co.uk/axcaliber-do ... 455a989a66 I'm looking for something to make some drawers for a one off kitchen that I'm building. I've also looked at the Trend CDJ300, so I'm wondering how it compares with that? There seem to be quite a few similar looking ones - like the Axcaliber - on the market and some of them don't get very good reviews, like the one on the Screwfix site.

I've considered making a dovetail jig for the table saw but can see some potential problems with accuracy and consistency if I go down this route, let alone the extra time involved in getting a result.

you might do better buying a secondhand popular jig at the right money and moving it on afterwards.

Get your google skills up to speed and search for :-

making dovetails on a bandsaw.

You can easily make tight, accurate and very well fitting dovetails using a bandsaw. There are several videos on YouTube showing how.

Its also fast, they can be ganged up for multiples and you can do pins as well as tails.

Al

hi wightprojects

beech 1948 wrote

Get your google skills up to speed and search for :-

making dovetails on a bandsaw.

thats ok i suppose but better still get steve maskerys workshop essential dvds :wink:
i guarantee you will find absolutely superb and an enormous help (hammer)

cheers paul-c

Back