Basement workshop dust extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_belgium

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have a basement workshop which will be used not only for woodworking projects but also for welding, car maintenance/repair,...

I am looking for some input on dust extraction / air quality. I have a couple of bigger machines like a table saw, planer/thicknesser and some of the smaller tools also like a chopsaw, router table, ....

All my bigger tools are on wheels and get put aside when I'm not doing woodworking jobs, therefore I was thinking of getting one of the mobile dust extraction units and on top of that also install a fixed ducted system with a fan just to refresh the air in the basement whilst I'm doing woodwork, welding, grinding...

Now up to the questions, I've been searching a lot on mobile dust extraction systems and am a bit lost due to all the info I find, any suggestions, do's or dont's regarding this, best bang for buck,...?

As for the fixed ducted/fan system, I have 2 110mm pipe passages in the basement wall to the outside which I would combine outside into a 160mm (or even bigger??) pipe and then extend +/_ 15mtrs so I dump the air away from the house. But really have no idea as to what fan/stuff I need.

In my previous workshop I also made a dust extraction system but that worked very poorly completely due to my own fault for not preparing and researching what I needed, would like to avoid that this time around :)

some pictures:

During construction:
20150908_142012_zpsuex1uqxp.jpg

Here you can see the 110mm passages to the outside, most have been using for the sewage pipes from the house, but have a couple left:

20150907_125945_zpst1tume3i.jpg

Slowly filling up :)

20160510_151628_zps5y7yjknz.jpg

Some of the tools in my previous workshop, above the planer/thicknesser you can see my previous failed attempt at homebuilt dus extraction :)

DSC_0032_zpsdwkejzsx.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back