Basato 4

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saintsman

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone own one of these yet ?

I'd be very interested in your experience of it, as I'm seriously considering parting with my hard-earned in the near future. It looks to have a good spec for the money: is Scheppach quality holding up ?

Thanks,

Paul

Not looked into them much recently, but I remember a few of their bandsaws getting prooduct awards and stuff a while back. I would've thought it'd be a good purchase

Hi Calpol

Calpol":vpgsmu3x said:
Not looked into them much recently, but I remember a few of their bandsaws getting prooduct awards and stuff a while back. I would've thought it'd be a good purchase

Since then you'll find that production has moved to China/Far East.

Cheers,
Neil

So, any good ?

I want something good quality (obviously !) and this has 2hp and good depth of cut. The Axminster 3501/Jet JWBS14 have been recommended, but I'm concerned they may be underpowered at 1hp (ish)

Any thoughts ?

Thanks,

Paul

I was considering this, but was put off by the (hugely) delayed release date and the views of others, who seem to think that since Scheppach moved production east, the quality has taken a turn for the worse.

I ended up with the JET JWBS-16 which DBKeighley were selling for £670 +VAT. Unfortunatly they have put up the price to £850+VAT. You may wnat to ask ByronBlack about the Jet JWBS-14 as he has just bought the near identical Axminster version.

Hi Paul

Saintsman":1s6m9whe said:
So, any good ?

I want something good quality (obviously !) and this has 2hp and good depth of cut. The Axminster 3501/Jet JWBS14 have been recommended, but I'm concerned they may be underpowered at 1hp

Jet quote output power, so it will be a lot less than the input.

Cheers,
Neil

Not seen the B4 but I have the Basato 5-4. It's a superb machine - good depth of cut, solid, plenty of power. But it takes up a lot of room, and TBH I could do with the space more than I need the machine. I'm seriously thinking of selling it :(

So if Scheppach have really got a handle on the Far East quality issues, I'd say the B4 is likely to be humdinger of a machine. If they haven't they are squandering their reputation.

Just my 2p of murkiness.
S

Saintsman - I looked forward to the BS as I though it filled a gap in their range. However when I saw it I was very dissapointed. It was not as good as my Record Power 350 (1mm veneer over 150 deep, not tried more than that but I bet it would still cope)

Latest posts

Back