Barnes Branch & Co Ltd ---- Vastern Timber Co anyone use

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PokerG

Established Member
Reaction score
I believe these are the same company, but I have just found out that Barnes Branch & Co Ltd have a shop in High Wycombe and I am probably going to use them to supply me with most of my hardwood needs.

Before I do I just wondered if anyone has had any experience with them or their sister company Vasten Timber Co?

Also I note that none of these are on the Timber Merchants map of Chas's, any reason for this apart from noone has used them and as such he doesn't know about them?

Just for links in case Chas reads this:

http://sitebuilder.yell.com/sb/Displayc ... 3875000020

http://www.vastern.co.uk/index.html

Gary

I visited their workshop with Engineer One about a month ago. A number of their saws are over 50 years old. They are still located just off the high street in the middle of town behind the bus station. They mainly serve the trade and have a large selection of wood in a number of buildings on the site. Engineer One bought oak off cuts at a very reasonable price from what I can remember and I got a good price on oak flooring that they order in. The workshop supervisor is called Neil and is a likeable person and very helpful and missing a few fingers.
Barry

as barry said a nice place, and decent offies for cheap skates like me :lol: :lol:

don't know about the other company, but neil has said that they have another company so maybe that is it.
paul :wink:

engineer one":1qxva1qv said:
as barry said a nice place, and decent offies for cheap skates like me :lol: :lol:

don't know about the other company, but neil has said that they have another company so maybe that is it.

Paul, If you click on the Barnes Branches Link then the other sites are listed.

ta chas, that makes sense, since neil had said that they machined the flooring elsewhere.

have actually met peter, but the address threw me, since all i do is make it to isaac lords, and then move about two roads down.

but they are definately a decent place to go. :lol:

Thanks guys, perfect for me as its 5mins away. So glad I don't have to go to Oxford to get myself some decent wood. I am running out of excuses for not getting started on my woodworking projects...

Gary

ah, now once you are there you will need no excuse to start, only wonder what you are going to start with.

all those woods :lol:

Barnes branch has closed.....which is a shame as they had a great offcut section. But they got a really good offer on the site and moved TT he operation down to vastern timber as both firms are owned by the same family.

I think there is something like 5 generations who have run the company...

That's a shame. They'd have been a nice close timber supplier for me.

I think my nearest hardwood place is at least 30 miles away, suppose other people probably have it worse though.

There is Goldbergs in Uxbridge but they are more for the trade. You can't go and select your timber. But they have a reasonable selection and supply at least one quality furniture maker that I know of.....

They do have a pricelist on the website.

Latest posts

Back