bargain tablesaw to be had (not mine)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CNC Paul":cjzsv6k8 said:
wizer":cjzsv6k8 said:
They're normally all under 1hp. .

I have owned 4 Startrites (still have 2) they are all over 1 HP

Unless someone has changed the motor a TA175 3 phase with the 10" blade is 2hp. The TA275 3 phase with the 12" blade is 3hp

I looked at about four TA175's with 1HP motors.

wizer":1r177ufq said:
CNC Paul":1r177ufq said:
wizer":1r177ufq said:
They're normally all under 1hp. .

I have owned 4 Startrites (still have 2) they are all over 1 HP

Unless someone has changed the motor a TA175 3 phase with the 10" blade is 2hp. The TA275 3 phase with the 12" blade is 3hp

I looked at about four TA175's with 1HP motors.

1HP is a curiously low power for a 10" blade saw. I wonder if the ones you saw were conversions from 3 phase?

I've not been able to find an online manual to check the original spec.

Bob

It stuck in my mind because I'd found so many with underpowered motors. There must be a reason for it. Maybe a there was a cheap version for some reason? I thought the TA175 was a 9" saw? Perhaps I'm thinking of a smaller saw that they did? Can't find any reference online to it tho. Thislink suggests that the TA175 came in 1.5HP. So maybe the auctions that I saw, the sellers just misread the motor plate? These were spread out over three months or so.

wizer":lm3td74o said:
It stuck in my mind because I'd found so many with underpowered motors. There must be a reason for it. Maybe a there was a cheap version for some reason? I thought the TA175 was a 9" saw? Perhaps I'm thinking of a smaller saw that they did? Can't find any reference online to it tho. Thislink suggests that the TA175 came in 1.5HP. So maybe the auctions that I saw, the sellers just misread the motor plate? These were spread out over three months or so.

Tom,

Maybe they were a school version ?

CNC Paul":qaqnle1s said:
wizer":qaqnle1s said:

Tom,

Maybe they were a school version ?

This is was my thinking. But doesn't really make sense? Unless it was a budget requirement

A possible explanation is that the motor plates list both input and output powers?

Back