Bargain Maybe?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike.C

Established Member
Reaction score
This table saw maybe ideal for a newcomer, or even someone who is short of space and or money. http://www.rutlands.co.uk/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/F36527

Alright it may not be a Felder, but at £99 including a stand, 2 side extension and a outfeed table it is not bad at all.

It has also won 'Best On Test' by a leading woodworking magazine, although, strangely it does not say which magazine this was.

Cheers

Mike

believe it or not this is a 99% clone of my power pro table saw from b&q, the machine impressed me the only downside as i guess is the same with most cheap table saws is the rip fence and mitre gauge r absaloutly rubbish, saw got plenty of grunt, although on my one the dust extraction is at the back towards the bottom and is only 30mm a overall fair performer.

any advice on a better rip fence much appreciated

cheers

shaun

I agree with you Shaun, I bought a SIP TS from Costco, big mistake. You think at 45 I should have known that you get what you pay for and should have saved up until I could afford a decent one. I have to use my Trend guide clamp as a fence, not ideal and after reading about the inherent dangers of table saws, not a very safe method either. It's pretty sad really, measuring the distance from the blade to the clamp to make sure it's square :oops: Can any one recommend an alternative or should I get rid on ebay?

Phil

I started out with the B&Q Power Pro - the fence was no good - used timber and clamps - I totally abused the saw - left it out at night - it got rained on. After 18 months the £129 purchase was taken back to B&Q and I told the girl that I did not have a receipt but she told me to bring it in and she would give me a credit for £99. I put that towards a Triton saw from B&Q. Bought the table from E bay- what a difference. The B& Q purchase at £30 for use was good value for money.

Back