Bandsaw woes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kasandrich

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All, looking for a bit of advice. I did something silly with my bandsaw, You know, one of those, "I shouldn't really, but I am sure it will be fine!" type things, resulted in a blade jam and throwing off the drive belt. The blade looked fine, when I removed it from the saw and held it up I couldn't see any sign of a kink, I fitted a new drive belt and cleaned it all up and re set all the guides etc.

Now the cut drifts away from the fence all the time, so it won't cut in a straight line.

.......sounds like the blade doesn't it?

Probably but you might just have knocked the wheels out of alignment. Mine drifts one way or other if the wheels aren't lined up (coplanar I think it's called) so before buying a new blade I would check it is all in line and tracking properly.

What did you do to it?

Mike

I was cutting something round that was not properly supprted. It wasn't a log, but similar to cutting a log without a V block.

I knew in my heart I shouldn't do it, but you know what its like, its only one little cut, it'll be fine! :oops:

I have 2 new blades, still in the pack, one 5/8 3tpi the same as the one I think I have damaged and a 1/4 6tpi one.

Latest posts

Back