Bandsaw Record BS350S - Newbie help!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HandyTim

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all !

This is my first post, I've been lurking for a while. This forum is great!! full of useful tips from helpful friendly people who know what they are talking about. If only the rest of our lives could be like that!

About me:- I'm a self-employed handyman who does a little carpentry for work, but would like to make some ornamental boxes for pleasure.(or perhaps a guitar later)

To cut to the chase - After reading reviews (thanks oddsocks) I bought a Record BS350s at the Yandles 'Show' last weekend. I set it up(in a confined space) and made a test cut ok, but when I managed to clear a space in the workshop and stand back and admire my new purchase, I noticed it was leaning over to one side!! The steel upright hasn't been welded square to the base. What makes it look worse is the table leans over a bit more! It is square to the back edge of the blade(which is on the centre of both tyres) but isn't square to the machine frame. This must mean that the top wheel sticks out towards the doors more than the bottom wheel. Everything seem out of square just a little bit. With the base levelled the top of the upright is 1/2" out of plumb (4ft high).

While the machine seems to work alright, it is off putting to see it leaning over.
The questions are :
Is this within the normal manufacturing spec. or a below standard machine?
Am I expecting too much from a Chinese machine?
Should I contact Yandles or Record or neither?
Am I a neurotic fool?
(be kind when answering the last question!)

Any advice would be much appreciated
Cheers

Tim

As a record main dealer I wouldn't be happy with any of machine sold with an obvious defect. Your first point of contact should be Yandles I am sure they will be happy to organise a replacement for you. It should be a simple swop. I know Record will want to make sure you are happy an will replace the machine but contact Yandles direct first they may then pass your detail to Record

Latest posts

Back