bandsaw query

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul-c

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all
hope someone can help
i was just cutting some plywood on my bandsaw , after a short time there was a slight wobble on the blade then some clattering.
at first i thought the blade had snapped but no the blade was fine just a bit loose.
on opening the door to access the wheels - to my surprise the blade was still in the correct place on the wheel - however the rubber band from around the wheel had fell off. :shock:
just one question - HOW ? :?

( i suspect Steve Maskery will know why this happened )

cheers
paul-c

hi Steve
hi Peter
yes the tyre is in perfect condition i refitted it straight away and carried on - no problem.

i have to say if two gentlemen of your experience and knowledge don't know the answer to it i doubt anyone would know.
if it happens again and i get to see why i will let you know.
thanks for replying
cheers
paul-c

The only thing I can think of is a tracking problem gradually pulling the tyre off the wheel.

Pete

A couple of ideas (guesses) Bandsaws aren’t so good at cutting ply unless you have a M42 style blade with hardened teeth, if the blade was getting worn and hot it may have heated the rubber and helped it move but unlikely.
When I fit a new blade I always spin the wheel by hand before running it under power to make sure the blade is sitting and found its correct seating on the wheels, if this was not done it may have dragged the rubber off when starting up as the blade finds is correct position.
I would be interested to hear if it happens again.
Peter

Latest posts

Back