Bandsaw Power Connector

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dibs-h

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought a Metabo BAS315 ages ago and looking to get it set up yesterday evening - only to realise the power connector isn't the usual type.

Here's what it looks like from the side'ish,

connector1.jpg

The whole "casing" seems to stop one of those Commando style (what I assume is a female\socket) from fitting on as they have "flaps\covers" on the end.

Here's one looking straight into the connector,

connector2.jpg

I also noticed the earth seems to be missing - I suspect that the pin got ripped out somehow in the past & it has the earth wiring right to where the pin would be.

So, the questions,

1. Are all pins much a muchness - i.e. can I buy a plug, dismantle it and transfer the pin over?
2. Assuming the issue of the pin is addressed, where the hell do I get a socket (female) which doesn't have the cover\flap on it, as all the ones I've seen (i.e. http://www.screwfix.com/p/200-250v-mk-c ... ip44/44755) aren't going to fit - unless I "mod" it slightly.

Cheers

Dibs

p.s. The guy I bought it off had the other end of it terminating to a std 13A plug and it worked fine - so that's the plan for the other end.

I might have a plug for that kicking about somewhere came off of a electra beckum lathe I brought years ago which finally gave up the ghost, will not have time to look until the weekend.

If I find it you are more than welcome to it

By the way I believe the earth is connected by the two steel lugs located on the sides

katellwood":1k4rhbkm said:
I might have a plug for that kicking about somewhere came off of a electra beckum lathe I brought years ago which finally gave up the ghost, will not have time to look until the weekend.

If I find it you are more than welcome to it

By the way I believe the earth is connected by the two steel lugs located on the sides

That would be greatly appreciated - I see what you mean by the 2 steel lugs on the sides of the connector. Might have a quick test this evening with a multimeter.

No rush - just thought it's time I started using it.

Cheers

Dibs

p.s. Just rung DB Keighley's in Leeds and they have them on the shelf - he referred to them as Continental power plugs. At £15 seems a reasonable price. He confirmed the earth is thru the 2 lugs you said.

Remembered where it was, take a look (photo's took with the webcam), comes in two parts.

Cannot see me ever using it as I have other switches in store so you are welcome to both parts

Chris

121011-143307.jpg

121011-143319.jpg

121011-143334.jpg

121011-143339.jpg

121011-143350-1.jpg

Just spent a while wondering round on Google and come to the realisation that these things are called Schuko connectors - common as muck obviously in the EU. :lol: Sorry - I meant in Europe. LOL!

Cool - will PM you my details.

Cheers.

Dibs

Back