Bandsaw or Scroll saw for carving

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonny

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just decided to give wood carving a go and i have bought some AI chisels etc.
I have just begun my first project which is a wood spirit carving and have just this minute cut out the rough shape with my jigsaw.Took a while but i feel it would be a lot easier and quicker with a bandsaw.
As this is a relief carving and i want to move on to other types of carving,could you folks help me as to whether i should get a bandsaw or scroll saw.

I know i am going on a bit but we are hoping to move house soon and i would like to get back to making furniture etc in the future.

SO,is there a bandsaw/scrollsaw for under 100 quid that would be ideal for carving,for starters and cater for other uses if we do get moved.

I am not on a budget but as i work full time 5.30am-5.30 pm i don't think buying a top of the range machine would be worthwhile for me as it wouldn't be used enough to warrent a big price.

IF you are still awake,any help would be appreciated. :oops: :oops:

Hi Bonny

I would say it depends on what type of carving you are going to do ( I mean what kind of shape ), if it is bigger curves then I would say get, some thing like a bandsaw this or this
for a start on bandsaws :)

There are more people on here that can give you better help on a scroll saw :)

I hope this helps

Thanks for that folks,i suppose a bandsaw will do the job just fine.

Latest posts

Back