bandsaw hammer n4400

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in the mood for a new/sh bandsaw this year and fancy the hammer n4400, cant seem to find its uk retail price.

Anyone know of a good deal and price around?

register your details on the hammer website and then you will be able to see the price - about £1200 + vat for the single phase version.

Have you thought about getting a courier quote from Shiply.com? I know the seller seems to prefer collection only but, if you could get a the right price and convince him to fix it to a pallet, you could then arrange for the courier to collect on a convenient day for him.

Just a thought. :)

if you need a Currier that is willing to get it PM me I know one that picks up all my big equipment for usually under £200.

That's a fantastic price.

I had it in my "watch" list, but got sidetracked with other things :oops:

SWMBO would have killed me anyway, so good job really.

Cheers

Karl

Hi folks,
My first post, i bid it up to £640 then discovered it was 5 years old and the 2.5 hp one. By the time i hired a van and petrol from Scotland it would not have been worth it for me.
Have just bought a new one £1314 including vat and wheel kit plus two free blades and includes delivery. The machine itself is £1000 +vat. and that includes everything except the wheelkit.
Quoted 10 weeks delivery! I told them that was too long and they contacted the factory 2-3 weeks.
I am building a very small workshop 20m2. I am buying a record router table. And will be looking for a secondhand planer thicknesser. Any advice would be appreciated on that one.
Also has anyone ever modified a record router table so you can adjust from the top?
Does anyone have the jet jws 34? Whats it like? This one may have to wait. I have already intercepted the receipt for the bandsaw. When it arrives it will be D.I.V.O.R.C.E.

Thanks in advance folks.

fraseman

You have my envious feeling from the south, thanks for the heads up on the price.
please confirm again did you get the wheel kit in that price?

Its a bit of a hike from Devon, but Felder is having an Open House in Milton Keynes 25-27 March. You may be able to get a deal then. I attended their Open House in Oct and managed to get my N4400 for £1100 which included the saw in 1PH, three blades, delivery and VAT. For mobility, I just purchased one of the mobile bases from Axminster http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-Axmi ... 364881.htm

At £31, it does the job much more cheaply than the Hammer mobility kit.

hi Fraseman999,
phone this guy and see if he can do you a better deal on delivery. Simon from Luke Courier Services. 07976 783134. He went to Ireland and picked up a rubbish load of stuff for me for £550. He is busier these days so he may not want to do it but it is worth a try.

All paid for now, the delivery charge was included £80. The machine with blades and delivery + couple of blades £1000+vat. Wheel kit is a rip of at around £140. with the bar.
What about the planer thicknesser anybody used the scheppach 2600?

Thanks

fraseman

Thanks all, cant justify a 500 mile round trip to Milton Keynes thats £60 petrol.

I would have to have a wheel kit of sorts, my present layout means I have to move my Record rbs14 bandsaw, (or rock it into position :) )

I could try a telephone call on those days, which would be best, first or last? :wink:

BTW the record bandsaw would be surplus, pm me if interested.

Back