Bandsaw blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tekno.mage

Established Member
Reaction score
With the demise of Dragon Saws, I'm left wondering where everyone now gets decent bandsaw blades at reasonable prices? We've only got a couple of Dragon heavy duty blades left now and the ordinary ones (3tpi & 4tpi ) we can get from a local hardware store go blunt so quickly compared to the Dragon ones - and they cost more at £15 quid each.

Recommendations for an alternative supplier will be gratefully received.

tekno.mage

Hi T M,
With regard to your bandsaw blades what is their length, width and TPI.
I buy some of mine from the professional woodworking machinery firm across the road from me and they seem to last OK. Mine are 143 inch by 1/2 inch by 4 tpi and last price I think was around £13 to £14.
If you let me know the size I will get you a price, they keep many lengths in stock.
Hope that helps,
Regards,
Ian

I got my last ones (march this year) from Hamilton Beverstock and they've cut well.
carbon blade 98" x 1/2" 3tpi wide set were £9.95 each with £2.50 postage for 2

Their phone number is 01633 838900

Duncan

Hi TM,
I have been across to the suppliers and they offer as follows ex stock: -
7' 6'' x 5/8 x4tpi @ inc Vat £14.50. Material Carbon Steel.
If this is of interest i can look into the weight and check the postage cost for you.
Regards,
Ian

What happened to dragon saws and when was it?

I've got a tiny benchtop bandsaw and they were the only people who I could find to make blades for it.

Dragon was taken out a little while ago when one of their big customers went to the wall, big shame as they were selling good blades.

Matthew at workshop heaven has found another supplier who will make blades to odd lengths if required.

Hi what is best material to make bandsaws i had some from Recored
and went blunt in five mins. :roll:

Geoff :)

Geoffrey":1fpjf50v said:
Hi what is best material to make bandsaws i had some from Recored
and went blunt in five mins. :roll:

Geoff :)

Hi Geoff,

It all comes down to the quality of steel used to make the blade.

For general woodwork and non ferrous metals carbon steel or flexback as it is known will work well. For steels the M42 or Bi-Metal blade is a high speed steel toothed blade, which is a lot harder than the carbon steel.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Latest posts

Back