Bandsaw blades?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasmansteve

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Used to get my blades from Dragon but wondering where to get some from now?. Any recommendations please?
Thanks
Steve

ive just bought mine from axminster - was their own axcalibur brand and it seems fine (but then i never had dragon so i dont have a bench mark to compore it to)

Chas, do Trucut have an e-mail address? It seems strange to have a website and everything else but, no way to contact them by e-mail... Their prices on bandsaw blades look very competitive; certainly cheaper than what you can buy from EPS in Taunton.

I need to get a set of planer knives sharpened soon and having been thinking of giving them a try. :)

I don't know of an e-mail address for them Olly, always thought it strange.
Guess they rely on FAX for business orders.

I've always dealt by 'phone, & credit card, no problems for me as easy to contact them in work hours, bit of a niggle for people not at home during work hours.

I bought a couple from tilgear, the Hakansson silco ones, seem to produce a nice cut and prices were about the same as the others i looked at for my size, no doubt ill buy more when i need them.

I tried Sharpquips recently having read some good stuff on here about them (Dragon would have been my closest supplier) they came next day and I'm well impressed.

I just bought some M42 ones from workshop heaven - only used them twice so far but they chomp through thick oak like it was warm butter :D

hi, i was just wondering has dragon gone out of business seeing has you all seem to be looking for a new supply of bandsaw blades. Also are duredge still going or not.

Cheers neil

neilricketts":2suc5z9a said:
has dragon gone out of business seeing has you all seem to be looking for a new supply of bandsaw blades
Cheers neil

Fraid so Neil, sign of the times I suppose. Shame as I used them a fair bit.
Steve

Back