Bandsaw Blades and Tip's

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those guide bearing work in a different orientation to mine. A better one, in many respects. I can't really tell, but I would expect them to be eccentrically mounted, for adjustment.

OK, so sticking a piece of MDF on to the face isn't going to do the job, but those bearing look like they could be easily removed with an Allen key, so you could simply replace them with a circle of 6mm MDF. I'm sure there is an easy solution. Indeed. as they appear to front mounted ( from a screw point of view) you could replace them with any kind of wooden block to do the job. I think you have lots of viable options.

Cheers
S

Steve Maskery":31h8entw said:
Those guide bearing work in a different orientation to mine. A better one, in many respects. I can't really tell, but I would expect them to be eccentrically mounted, for adjustment.

OK, so sticking a piece of MDF on to the face isn't going to do the job, but those bearing look like they could be easily removed with an Allen key, so you could simply replace them with a circle of 6mm MDF. I'm sure there is an easy solution. Indeed. as they appear to front mounted ( from a screw point of view) you could replace them with any kind of wooden block to do the job. I think you have lots of viable options.

Cheers
S

I'll have to wait until it's delivered and what the DVD's don't show me I will have to pick your brains when the need arises :D

Cheers

Mike

hi mike if you go to the axminster web site you should be able to download a copy of the manual that will come with the saw , that may give a little insight before it arrives . hc :wink:

head clansman":2u5pb01v said:
hi mike if you go to the axminster web site you should be able to download a copy of the manual that will come with the saw , that may give a little insight before it arrives . hc :wink:

Hi Martin,

An excellent idea :idea:

Cheers

Mike

Another satisfied customer of Ian's blades here for sure!

I had an Excaliber on the BS but Ian's are remarkable. He also recommended exactly the right blade for my purpose of resawing and it is still as sharp as the day I put it on. So far I have run cherry and willow through it and some oak.

My mate wanted to cut some MDF on it the other day and I told him to find a broomstick and rotate on it! :D

Ian is a really nice and helpful chap...recommended A+

Jim

jimi43":1rfau7pv said:
Another satisfied customer of Ian's blades here for sure!

I had an Excaliber on the BS but Ian's are remarkable. He also recommended exactly the right blade for my purpose of resawing and it is still as sharp as the day I put it on. So far I have run cherry and willow through it and some oak.

My mate wanted to cut some MDF on it the other day and I told him to find a broomstick and rotate on it! :D

Ian is a really nice and helpful chap...recommended A+

Jim

Hi Jim, I guess not otherwise someone would have pointed me in the right direction before now, but I will ask anyway, has Ian got a website?

Cheers

Mike

Latest posts

Back