Bandsaw Blade Length ???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pablopete80

Established Member
Reaction score
This is probably a really stupid question and wasn't sure to post it here or the Advice page, not really a advice/review type question so here it is

Will a 90 1/2" 22 (2300mm) bandsaw blade work in a 91" 2312mm bandsaw as i can find lots of them (axminster,rutlands etc) but cant find any 92" blades anywhere. Will the tension be able to adjust enough to deal with the 1/2"?

Yes its for a cheap bandsaw and i know should of got a better one but budget (wife) did not allow.

Pete

Well, really there is only one way to find out :) But my guess is that, yes, it will probably fit. How much travel of the wheel have you got when tensioning it? If it is more than 1/4" you should be OK. You could try it with a piece of string first.
S

Pete, as Steve says I would suspect you will be fine with just a 1/2" (shorter) difference.

However there are many companies that will make blades to any length you require.

A couple of sources I use are Listed on my Page.

In particular Ian John at Tuff saws will provide you with advice regarding the best blade for your particular machine and intended tasks if you are unsure of required specification.
Drop him an e-mail with machine model, blade length and intended use and he will no doubt provide you with his recommendation and prices.

90 1/2" is quite a common size. That's what my Kity 613 uses and I've never had a problem getting blades for it - even in local farm shops!

However, I stopped buying blades from them ages ago and now use Ian at Tuffsaws for all my blades - much cheaper, better selection, and brilliant customers service!

tekno.mage

Thanks for the advice. I know 90 1/2 is common its just mine is 92". Didn't want to damage the machine or make it unsafe in any way. Have bookmarked the tuffsaw page. Cheers Pete

pablopete80":1g3z856y said:
Will a 90 1/2" 22 (2300mm) bandsaw blade work in a 91" 2312mm bandsaw .......
Will the tension be able to adjust enough to deal with the 1/2"?

Answer: most likely it will.

but cant find any 92" blades anywhere.

Thanks for the advice. I know 90 1/2 is common its just mine is 92".

Some confusion with your Blade lengths I think.

I very much doubt that your machine will accept a 90 1/2" blade if it is indeed 92" nominal.

The handbook if you have one may give a blade length range (some makers do), or a clued up blade supplier might even have it on file...

A bit a string at the minimum blade size, and at the maximum blade size will give you come sort of idea of what you require. I think when I had to measure my bandsaw blade length, I ended up going to near the minimum size to allow me to get the correct tension!

Latest posts

Back