Band and circular saw blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crakkers

Reaction score
Hi

I am brand new to this game!

I have been trying to source thin section PAR hardwoods such as sapele, say 10mm thick with not much look, so it looks like I will have to buy thicker sections and cut them thinner.

My questions are;

1. Any ideas where I can get thin section hardwoods at a fair and reasonable price and for delivery too?

2. If I buy 25 x 100 PAR is it possible to cut it into two to give me 10mm thickness and plane finish using a band saw or circular saw. If so, can you recommend the type and make of band saw and circular saw blade I should use.

Good help and advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

1. try british hardwoods. they do thin section and hobby packs. you may need to give them a call if they dont list what you have. http://www.britishhardwoods.co.uk/thin- ... n-oak.html Look at the species that they keep for ideas of what they can offer.

2. No chance. ex25x100 pse will be something like 22x96mm. you will lose another 3mm cutting it, then need to plane up the cut faces. at best you might get 2 x 7mm pieces.

Back