Bak to Skool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gill

Established Member
Reaction score
A little while ago, a number of you gave me some very helpful advice about a new career direction. In case anyone's wondering what's happened since, I've enrolled on a couple of 30 week part-time computer courses at the local college, CompTIA's A+ and Network+ courses. These should lead to respectable qualifications, which is the gist of what most of you suggested was paramount.

I attended the first class last night and, oh boy - I'm in for some hard work! However, if I can stick with it, the effort should prove to be worthwhile by the summer.

Gill

Gill

Congrats, you know you won't regret it in the end, oh and by the way nothing worth having comes easy.

Best of luck and please keep us informed of progress.

Good luck Gill.

My wife did a similar thing at age 50 and is now a fully fledged teacher. Having read your postings I am sure that you will achieve your goal and be as proud of yourself as I am of my wife.

Dom

The college has just phoned to tell me that they've cancelled the courses due to insufficient students. I'm really cheesed off :( .

Gill

Ack, Gill, how frustrating. :evil: I'm surprised they can do that when you've started - not without finding you an alternative at any rate. :(

Cheers, Alf

Evening,

You could always try the Open University.
They do some very good courses and time usually isn't a problem.
I worked firstly in the Merchant Navy and then abroad building ships and in both cases they provided courses that, in my first life, was all about computing and networking and led to a Bsc. In my second life, they helped me transfer that to a degree in ship design and construction.

It meant I could continue to earn a living, while studying.

Hope all goes well,

Colin

Hi Gill,
What a bummer :!: As Alf said, I can't really see how they CAN cancel a course once it's started. Yes, before the first lesson OK, but if they allowed the course to start what on earth were they thinking :?: That more people would arrive half way through :?:

Don't give up, there's the OU, or maybe there's another college close enough to get to, best of luck anyway.

Back