Bad infeed on Metabo HC260C planer/thicknesser clone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arutha

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a clone of the Metabo HC260C planer/thicknesser. Since I bought it, I've noticed that the infeed does not work as well as on my old (Scheppach HM0-Solo) planer/thicknesser. It does not always feed the board through, and you have to push to get it through the machine.

This happens often. Especially when I'm thicknessing wide boards. I usually need to push the board in or pull the board out to get the board thicknessed.

This does not usually happen with narrow boards. They often feed through by themselves.

Yesterday, when I ran into this problem, I decided to do a test. I lowered the thicknessing table enough that I could place a board halfway through. I then Bent down and had a look at the infeed roller. It was working as expected (i.e. rotating). Then I slowly raised the table until the board started to touch the roller. The roller stopped at once.

I had a look at the drive belt, but there are no adjustments for tightening this.

Does anyone else have this problem with machines like this?

Should I replace the drive belt?

It always works better after replacing the blades with new ones, but it never works perfectly. And the blades are not that dull right now.

I keep a candle stick handy in my workshop for all such matters. A quick squiggle with it across thicknesser table, planer beds, table saw, bench planes etc and friction is reduced significantly. Takes a second and lasts quite well.

Back