B&Q / Screwfix DeWalt Drills

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodchip

Established Member
Reaction score
B&Q (and screwfix) have a De-Walt 18v cordless drill driver, 13mm chuck for around £100. (previously £200 at B&Q)

Its the DC725 at B&Q, but the DC100KA at screwfix.

The batteries are a bit weedy at 1.3Ah, but for a non pro not needing days and days of charge they look good value to me.

woodchip":3v0xpw57 said:
The batteries are a bit weedy at 1.3Ah, but for a non pro not needing days and days of charge they look good value to me.

I can flatten a 2ah battery in a matter of minutes, it depends what you're doing...

Bell/tank saws and flat bits cane batteries, especially if you're drilling into resin worktops, ditto for driving long screws without pre-drilling.

£100 sounds a good price, if it comes with at least two batteries, but I'd suggest maybe looking for a bundle pack, drill + impact driver or similar.

You can never have enough cordless drill/drivers, saves you wearing out the chucks changing bits...

I have a few DW pieces and to be honest the one I bought last year (cannot recall model) is rubbish, battery life is dire and my old B&D has more ooomph in it. It is worth finding your local trade supply place as you will be surprised at the amount of deals they are offering at the moment.

I picked up an AEG impact driver, cordless drill/driver and a cordless combi drill for £200 in total. Each came in its own box, so I have 3 chargers and 6 batteries. I have to say they are superb.

Bit like this BUT this is only 2 of the 3 I got for the same price!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AEG-14-4V-TWIN-KI ... 240%3A1318

p.s they were at Folkestone Fixings but I don't think they do mail order.

The company I work for loan out Dewalt cordless's and I am on my 3rd really expensive dewalt in about 3-4years. However, I'd say the batteries needed replacing rather than the whole cordless. The batteries on my last two were 14.4v 2.4ah, the one I'm using at the moment is 18v 2.4ah and its alright at the moment. :roll:

Latest posts

Back