B&D KW715 Electric Hand Planer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajayre

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a manual for it? I've searched online but just run into dead-ends. (hammer) Specifically:

- how to change the blades
- how to adjust the cutting depth

There is a depth knob but when I turn it the blades don't seem to raise or lower.

Thanks, Andy

i cant help with the manual, but on the planer i have used, it is the front table part that moves to control the depth- the blades remain fixed.

ajayre":10gutc0c said:
Duh - of course - stupid me - thanks!

What is the 'P' setting used for?

Andy
Park. It lowers the front shoe sufficiently so that the blades are completely retracted when the planer is sat on it's soles

Further assuming it's a generic electric plane, expect to see a clamping part along each blade, with three or four recessed hex head screws. Slacken these off with an allen key and it should be obvious how to remove the little blade inserts. (Be careful - they will still have sharp bits even if they need replacing.)
New ones will fit in and line up automatically, so you just need to retighten the screws, no alignment adjustment is needed.
I'm pretty sure the cross section of the blades is standard but check the length.

Back