axminster

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugo35

Established Member
Reaction score
just aquick qestion are axminster have a show this year? seem to have read they not having full show. dont know where i got that from?? :?

thanks havent been for a few years so looks like going to be next year

Lugo
I spoke to staff last week-no show this year, next year maybe. When they start doing shows again they will probably be every other year.
Hope this helps
Philly :D

Axminster are exhibiting at W6 or what used to be called WoodMex, next month at the NEC. And as they are the new agents for Martin they'll need a lot more room than at their previous venues.

It will be interesting to see what they do. Martin have traditionally taken space in the centre of the hall where it is very expensive and I can't see Axminster giving preference to hand tools over the static stuff - which is the biggest part of Woodmex (sorry, W6). They've beethere before with Lamello, etc. but relatively speaking that was a side show.

Scrit

Alf":1d6q8e2c said:
Someone at Yandles, might have been Mike Hancock?, said they're not doing one next year either. :?

Cheers, Alf

i heard that too....i also heard they might not be doing another fullstop!! :(

there goes my reason for little jaunt south... :roll:

I

I suspect that if Axminster do well next month at the NEC then that will propably spell the end of their tradional show.

As I've metioned before in previous posts, putting on any kind of show is a very expensive and time consuming business, with very unpredictable and difficult to evaluate returns.

Scrit":dvc1mfrr said:
It will be interesting to see what they do. Martin have traditionally taken space in the centre of the hall where it is very expensive and I can't see Axminster giving preference to hand tools over the static stuff - which is the biggest part of Woodmex (sorry, W6). They've beethere before with Lamello, etc. but relatively speaking that was a side show.

Scrit
I agree Scrit, it will be very interesting. I expect Martin to be as you say on centre stage, I suspect with Martins UK advertising budget to foot all or most of the bill.

It will be interesting to see if Axminster have a separate display for their other products as well. I say this as Axminster had booked space at W6 months ago. Unless they knew way back then that they had a contract with Martin, but I'm sure Martin will be fully in charge of everything at W6. I can't see Axminster missing a golden opportunity to display a good range of their catalogue range of products

Should be a good day out :D

If you need a show fix, Philly posted about an event at their shop featuring the key BriMarc brands, including loads of Veritas. Apologies that this a little commercial but you did sound like you were pining.

Martin

Equally Classic Handtools up country are having a Lie-Nielsen Toolworks day on November 18th, with John Lloyd doing demos. Which is kind of a commercial for Mike Hancock, but he ain't paying me. The swine. :evil: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Last time I visited Axminster, it seemed to me that outside sources were reducing and that more stands of the 'white' variety were appearing. I know this caused me less interest in the show when I wanted to compare between manufacturers/suppliers.

Back