Axminster TS Series Mitre Bar

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazy_pete

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on sourcing a replacement bar for the mitre fence that comes with the Axminster TS-250M ? I've bought one of the UJK upgrade mitre fences and just about retrofitted it to the existing bar, only I made a wee mistake and drilled a 6mm hole (instead of 5mm) before tapping for the M6 bolt, so switched to the other end and redid. Unfortunately I've now got one of the original holes overlapping where I need to drill / tap for the handle (which also locks the set angle).

Axminster sell the mitre fence assembly for £19.70, which seems a lot when all I want is the bar, which needs a bit of shimming to fit well anyway (I use strips of Alu drink can superglued on the side). Ideally I'd like a longer bar, but they can't do that either. So, does anyone have a bright idea for sourcing a (longer) bar ?

I await the flood of suggestions / solutions eagerly !

Cheers

Pete

I don't have that table saw but Axminster have the UJK precision mitre fence on sale for £48, down from £75 at the moment.
I have it on the UJK router table and a second one on my Jet Bandsaw.

It is excellent.

I presume that the TS uses a non standard slot? ie not 3/4"-19mm.
What size is it?
Can you not get the nearest stock section of mild steel and get it machined to fit?

You could always fit a 6mm helicoil into the oversize hole?

Thanks for the replies.

The UJK fence is exactly the one I bought, on the current deal, and am fitting.

I'm not sure what size the slot is, but it's not 'standard' as the bar with the fence doesn't fit. Not quite sure how if go about get a bar machines, but will look into helicoils, which ice never heard of. Thanks for the suggestion.

Back