Axminster table saw (second hand) blade really slow on start up

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob_H

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought an Axminster AW10BSB2 secondhand. It seems ok but in start up - for the first time - the blade is really slow as though it isn't going to start. Then it starts and seems to run fine. If you turn it on an off with jobs over a couple of hours it starts fine each time. But if it has been left for a period of time - a cold start I suppose - it is really slow and jerky - the blade that is - then gets up to speed. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas? Seems to be running fine but worried it may just conk out on me.

I’m no expert but if it runs ok after a few starts ups then maybe a capacitor issue/ or electronic speed control. With the power off does the blade turn ok by hand . I don’t see why you can’t give Axminster a call for advice.

I’m no expert but if it runs ok after a few starts ups then maybe a capacitor issue/ or electronic speed control. With the power off does the blade turn ok by hand . I don’t see why you can’t give Axminster a call for advice.
Start windings?

I’m in the middle of updating my old ATS250 from their Hobby range.
In taking it apart I found the pulley wheel from the motor quite difficult to turn.
I posted about it on my Instagram and YouTube and everyone said the bearings were stuffed.

I was about to order bearings and had a sensible brainwave (very unlike me). The Axminster saws have a brake that slow down the blade and so without power it will be difficult to turn!

I called Axminster and actually had a great chat with one of their service guys who agreed with me. He suggested the capacitor was causing my issues so I’ve ordered one from them for twelve quid plus postage.

It’s located on the outside of the motor so shouldn’t be too worrying to change

Back