Axminster special offer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L Harding

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone else considering a HVLP spray system may be interested to know axminster currently have money of some of there fuji HVLP systems, ive been considering one for a while and this is only making me more tempted :shock:

As a side note tho, how do you know what size nozzle to use? I'd been using it for spraying a standard sort of sanding sealer and then clear AC lacquers.

Luke

Luke,

Thats a good deal, I would go for the 1.4mm nozzle and if you where spraying paint with a lot of solids the 1.8mm.

The 1.4 is perfect for base coats and lacquers.

Luke how much spraying are you going to be doing? It might work out better to get a smaller system if it's only going to be occasional. The little earlex gets good reviews on both sides of the pond.

You can make one with a vacuum motor and a box with fittings and just buy a gun. They are surprisingly easy to make, I have the Apollo 700 and wish i would of found the how to build before buying it.

woodsworth":2nf4yrlt said:
You can make one with a vacuum motor and a box with fittings and just buy a gun. They are surprisingly easy to make, I have the Apollo 700 and wish i would of found the how to build before buying it.

PICTURES!

I"m not so sure i can do that as it is in a fine woodworking magazine. Are we allowed to post a Finewoodworking article?

woodsworth":2lugi43s said:
I"m not so sure i can do that as it is in a fine woodworking magazine. Are we allowed to post a Finewoodworking article?

Give it a go, whats the worst that could happen? :lol:

woodsworth":ezf99ey3 said:

Which Issue?

I'll have a look this weekend, perhaps tonight, it's on my windows machine, which i don't use much.

I did find this http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=399793

P1020285.jpg

Oh i found the article online!

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...resnum=1&ved=0CA4Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=&f=false

woodsworth":p95iejbx said:

If you post a link to a free article on their web site then there should be no problem as you are driving vieweres to their site. If you post a link to a subscription only article then no one who does not have a subscription can see it, so there should also be no problem.

Back