Axminster SDS100 Dust Seperator *False Spec*

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just wondering if you had used it and how effective it was. As I am considering one It should be suitable for 1 machine (I hope)

Thanks

Robert

There is a useful info point in all this, as it's not at all unusual for complete extractors to be sold on the spec of the fan alone. At 750W the fan may well pull 1000m3/hr before the flow is chocked off by the dustbin cyclone and the rather small filter. Unless more info is given about the fan's ability to suck against a load, any unqualified flow rate is fairly meaningless. And that's before the filter gets caked up with a layer of dust...In general motor wattage is the best clapometer rating.

Whilst I have nothing but praise for Axminster's service, I can see there just might be a problem with "we know it's a wrong spec and will change it in the next catalogue". But perhaps if you now order a catalogue you get an errata? Another post mentioned Axminster pointing out a spec change on the invoice, in case this meant the goods were no longer wanted, and in this circumstance the return postage would be free. They may well do the same if you'd bought a new extractor direct.

aeu996":1577u2p1 said:
I was just wondering if you had used it and how effective it was. As I am considering one It should be suitable for 1 machine (I hope)

Thanks

Robert

I used it on a record bs350 bandsaw and it wasnt effective in the slightest. Personally i wouldnt recomend it full stop. (and that has nothing to do with anything other than its power) Im not into all the diameter of hoses and effect etc. but it suprises me how or why it has a 100mm hose.
An update on this is now the seller is being awkward about refunding on this machine so unless i take it further i am £200 out of pocket due to Axminster wrongly advertising its spec. i have got to admit that axminster have 90% of the time been brilliant (5 star) as far as customer services is concerned but the other 10% washes that away, and this is not including this machine.

suprasport,

An update on this is now the seller is being awkward about refunding on this machine so unless i take it further i am £200 out of pocket due to Axminster wrongly advertising its spec. i have got to admit that axminster have 90% of the time been brilliant (5 star) as far as customer services is concerned but the other 10% washes that away, and this is not including this machine.

Sorry to hear that Shaun, but surely you are protected by Ebay or Paypal (did you use Paypal?), or isn't this the case?

Can you give us a link to the auction where you bought the extractor, or the sellers name so that we can steer clear of him if you do not get a satisfactory conclusion?

Good luck and keep us up to date.

Cheers

Mike

Back