AC1950B Axminster Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul M

Established Member
Reaction score
I am new to this forum and looking for advice
I bought and returned the axminster AC1950 because I could not align front to back square with the blade. On inspection, found defects associated with quality of casting of the mounting base for worktable.

Now I have recieved a replacement, before unpacking I checked the table mounting base first. The mounting base differs from the exploded view diagram. The casting has two bolt holes drilled equi distant on centre line. These align with 2 holes on the receiving machine flange. There is also 4 equi distanced hex socket adjustment bolt, certainly not grub screws.

Whilst I wait for axminster to contact the manufacturer to see if this is a mistake or a modification. Just thought that I would ask if anyobe has recently purchased this bandsaw and was the worktable mounting base as depicted in the exploded view diagram
Thanks in advance

I've just got this saw and can honestly say I've not compared against the diagram. Can you share the exploded view you're using and I can confirm.

If you've just got yours if expect it came over as part of the same shipment as mine.

I've had no problems with mine beoynd the fact it's not got the capacity or power I ultimately want bit as a first bandsaw for a year until I can afford a Record BS350 or similar it's more than good enough

Hi Peter
Many thanks for your response, I have uploaded Photos. I am still awaiting response from manufacturer.

Other points to note:
- Replacement bandsaw table insert is an great fit and differs from the first (work piece does not catch the lip)
- On the first machine, I had an issue belt adjustment, belt was too tight, even when tension was removed. The belt adjustment arrangement fouled the shaft guide assy, I had to remove and shorten the fixings

Please can you confirm if your bandsaw is the same the same.

Many thanks

Paul

Attachments

• Bandsaw Work table Mounting Plate.jpg
    Bandsaw Work table Mounting Plate.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 207
  • GA Part List.jpg
    GA Part List.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 207
  • First Bandsaw Mounting Base for worktable.jpg
    First Bandsaw Mounting Base for worktable.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 206
  • New Moumting Base for work table.jpg
    New Moumting Base for work table.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 205
  • Ga Drawing.jpg
    Ga Drawing.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 206
I'll have to have a look at it later Paul. The only issue with mine so far was the limiter screw they out on the top of the rise and fall was set high thus reducing the depth of cut below advertised spec. It was an absolute pain to adjust but it's done now.

My table has chopped a little on the edge so I may report that back to Axminster as it's not be hit with anything, just noticed it few days ago.

Back