Axminster Sale or Price Increase (or both) in January???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martingchapman

Established Member
Reaction score
Axminster currently have lots of price reductions at the moment.
I am considering purchasing a Bosch GTS10 J table saw which is on offer at £519.95 at the moment (reduced from £549.95) including free delivery.
This is currently the lowest price I have found on the net.

Call me greedy but I seem to recall in the past they have had a very short term sale in January, everything (except Festool) reduced by 10%.
Does anyone know if they will be having a sale in January?

Now call me worried but I also seem to recall them increasing their prices in January.
Does anyone know if they will be increasing prices in January?

So, should I fold and purchase now at the current offer price, or hold off until January in the hope of a bigger discount, but run the risk of a price increase?

My feeling is to fold and take what is on offer now, but would appreciate any insider knowledge if there is any around.

Martin.

Hope they do have a sale as I'm (apparently) getting a gift card for Xmas. Not that I dropped any hints :-"

Bob

Or, could you buy it close to new year which would then mean it arriving January which in the meantime they may have decided on the sale/increase. If the former, you could send it back, ask for a refund then buy it slightly cheaper.

I phoned Axi earlier today asking about pipe clamps. I was told a new catalogue was coming out as usual in the new year and a sale was planned. It could be however that sale prices may be little different if based on the new calalogue as prices on some lines would be going up. This was thought very likel;y with the Pony range as it was coming from the USA.
So like most of you thinking about an X-mas purchase I am at a loss what to do. And to confuse me even more, am I correct in saying in the past they have e-mailed a 10% discount out.

Colin

i dont recall a sale in previous januarys. i may be wrong though

Latest posts

Back