Axminster Powertool Centre

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoopy

Established Member
Reaction score
On Monday I finally took the plunge and ordered a Domino. It turned up yesterday with Axminster's usual excellent next day delivery. I managed to make some time to have a play with it last night and it turns out the unit was faulty. With a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach I did the usual checks (fuse, continuity on the power cord etc.) but came to conclusion that the Dom would have to be returned. I rang Axminster this morning and the nice lady said she'd get the faulty one picked up and have a new one delivered tomorrow. No fuss or drama.

I'm the first to whinge when things aren't quite to my liking, so it's only fair that I mention Axminster's excellent customer service.

Cheers,

Ed.

Can't beat them, had the same deal with my LN plane that arrived a few weeks back. Axminster can be a little more expensive on some bits but that service is what your paying for. Congrats on the domino and joining the green and black slope.

Totally agree. I had a similar experience with something less expensive than a Dom. I was ready for the usual 'couldn't-care-less' attitude and a big argument, but was amazed and delighted with the 'no fuss, no drama' attitude and a replacement sent immediately. Rare you get that sort of service these days and worth the bit extra (although I find their prices reasonable too).

I had a similar experience with Screwfix once...

Bought a cheap biscuit jointer from them but something wasn't right. They arranged to send a replacement and to have the old one collected next day... The courier never showed up but the replacement came via. Royal Mail - so, I sold the old one on eBay; somehow managing to make a profit and, effectively, not paying a penny for the one I decided to keep! 8)

Unfortunately for you, though, I'm sure Axminster are more reliable than this - especially when a Festool Domino is at stake. :wink:

Hmm, Axminster buy one, get one free offers on Festool. That'd be nice. Be very wary of any 'Dom for sale' threads I post in future. :wink:

Changing the subject slightly, why on earth don't Festool ship a decent manual with the Dom? I've managed to find one online now, but six hundred and odd quid and the machine comes with a manual that looks like it'd be more at home with a B&Q special belt sander

hi

hmm some say axminster is expensive, i agree on some items, but compared to the other main supplier in this area not so many miles from them but axminster after sales service second to none , I got fed up with going to the other supplier after checking catalogues and web site only to find they don't have any, but i am going to a show there just after easter mainly to hopefully meet some of the other forum members .

example this morning whilst i was in axminster tools in axminster i bought a big mouth dust hood to fit under my lathe £9.50 the other supplier £22.50 dust bags for my dust extractor DX5000 bags bought at axminster £11.25 for 10 bags the other supplier £14.99 for 5 bags i think it roundabouts and swings really, pot luck on the day . Honest that was all i bought, left really quickly before i got tempted . :wink: hc :lol: :lol: :lol:

head clansman":1qxy44xc said:
This morning whilst i was in Axminster tools in Axminster i bought a big mouth dust hood to fit under my lathe £9.50 the other supplier £22.50 dust bags for my dust extractor DX5000 bags bought at Axminster £11.25 for 10 bags the other supplier £14.99 for 5 bags i think it round about and swings really, pot luck on the day . Honest that was all i bought, left really quickly before i got tempted . :wink: hc :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was in there on Monday :D

I managed to actually cut my shopping list down, well almost. Eliminated the low end grinder I was undecided about, bought a single Carroll sanding drum instead of the Axminster own-brand set, but couldn't resist the router cutters for a fiver on the counter!

I have to say the shop staff were very helpful, as were the collection point folks. I had to pick up a set of Forstner bits from the warehouse (across town), but when I got there they were incredibly fast.

A nice bunch, and I'm pleased with what I bought.

Latest posts

Back