Axminster North East

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Water-Mark

Established Member
Reaction score
I read an article in the local paper yesterday that said Axminster tools are opening a branch in North Shields early next year.

They said it's at Norham Rd but does anybody have any extra details on dates etc?

Water-Mark":1j4az00d said:
I read an article in the local paper yesterday that said Axminster tools are opening a branch in North Shields early next year.

They said it's at Norham Rd but does anybody have any extra details on dates etc?

Hi there

I saw the article on their face book page a few days ago, apparently it's going to at the Industrial estate where Durham pine used to be, at the junction of the coast road/norham road, not sure what the industrial estate is called...

I'm really looking forward to the place opening, I'm just 5 mins away from there so Its going to be great having such a good tool shop on the door step.

Nice to see a local on here by the way! :wink:

Stephen

I went to the Nuneaton store on Saturday, The guy who is going to be the store manager of the new store is doing his training there. He was saying that it's a few weeks away yet. First time I had been there and it's a good store with plenty of choice. I went in for a bench grinder and I counted at least 14 different types from 4 manufacturers.

That is such good news were very lacking in a store like Axminster here in the north east Ill be looking out for the opening. It'll have to be window shopping I'm still recovering from the Harrogate woodworking show.

Chas

It's almost walking distance (though not if I have to carry more than a marking knife) for me, but to be honest I don't actually need anything.

Water-Mark":2xtf51cc said:
It's almost walking distance (though not if I have to carry more than a marking knife) for me, but to be honest I don't actually need anything.
Just wait till it opens, I bet your wallet doesn't stay in your pocket :wink: it's not about what you NEED, it's more about what you WANT. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I only hope they have some nice opening offers on smaller stuff, dos it's my birthday in February :D

Baldhead

There is one in High Wycombe, Bucks which would be pretty easy to get to. M25, M40.

Jon.

I'm glad we have an Axminster store local to me in Warrington. Only problem is once in there you can't resist buying stuff. The credit card ends up severely bent after going there.

excellent news only five mins away, can't take your money with you may as well spend it.

The Wycombe branch are top notch. In addition to it being my local branch I've had their company at a couple of shows. Nice people too.

They delivered a band saw to me just before xmas, (Thank you SWMBO) and their driver was saying that there were two stores opening.. North Shields was one, I think the other might have been Cardiff but don't quote me on that, I could be mistaken as I was far too busy salivating over the 145kgs of loveliness in front of me. (it was a complete surprise!)

It's about time!
We have virtually nothing in the North East so that's great news! I'm saving up already :lol:

Back