axminster drum sander for sale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Andrew, nice to be here.

After digging around on his site a bit more it looks like most, if not all, the pictures are pinched.

There can be quite a bit of information embedded in jpg images. If you have Photoshop on your PC, you can see that the photos come from at least 4 different cameras and were created as early as 2003.

This sort of thing makes me really angry. It's hard enough building a business without someone else passing your work off as their own. It's happened to me about 15 years ago and I still get riled up thinking about it now.

Anyway, end of rant. Let the woodwork re-commence.

Drea

PowerTool":s0mi288y said:
Hello,and welcome to the forum :D
And here's the link http://www.eccabinets.com/Kitchens.php

Oh yes,I've spotted a few similarities... :shock:

Andrew

at least that guy isnt a forum member too (he isnt is he :shock: ) , that was what really got me about the pink poseur - doing at all is bad enough but doing it to a fellow member - that really ought to be a bannable offence.

I was a bit dismayed Philly locked the other thread. :twisted:

Pinky (who I assume is a Joiner's sweeper upper) had fun with us, but we were not able to recipocate (spp?). :roll:

I was wondering if Eggflan and others followed up Pinky's job offers.

lurker":1z2gjldo said:
I was a bit dismayed Philly locked the other thread. :twisted:

Pinky (who I assume is a Joiner's sweeper upper) had fun with us, but we were not able to recipocate (spp?). :roll:

Me too, maybe Mr Pinky is a conman

I was not going to say much if anything on this post, BUT I did vent a little on the one that is now locked.
1. When pinky put his first post up on the forum, I had a little trouble understanding his, well grammar and what if anything he was trying to put forward, to start with. Ok.
2. One of the first replies to the post asked what planet have you come from? Fair question. Having seen one or two more replies to his first post I went and looked at his profile. I still can not work it out. Under the heading of interest, he had put Playing God. ( I'm not making this up ) because I value this forum and have posted a few times and have always had good comments on my work and I would like to keep it that way. BUT playing god. I did make some comment on the post and when I looked next in his profile, playing god had gone!

Posts there after from ( I then called him pinkypoo ) I read from arms length.

You shouldn't act like god, it gets you nowhere and you will be found out. He as far as I am concerned did come from another planet.

Well I have had my say, and I hope that Dan who from none of his doing, can solve the situation.

Drea":1jqppd8s said:
Thanks Andrew, nice to be here.

After digging around on his site a bit more it looks like most, if not all, the pictures are pinched.

There can be quite a bit of information embedded in jpg images. If you have Photoshop on your PC, you can see that the photos come from at least 4 different cameras and were created as early as 2003.

This sort of thing makes me really angry. It's hard enough building a business without someone else passing your work off as their own. It's happened to me about 15 years ago and I still get riled up thinking about it now.

Anyway, end of rant. Let the woodwork re-commence.

Drea

Welcome Drea,
What I found amusing (or irritating) about this was the message "All Images and Text on this Site are Copyright © East Coast Cabinets".

Now that really is taking the p*** if the pictures have been ripped off.

Andy
PS you a private detective by any chance?

big soft moose":bm8gf91b said:
at least that guy isnt a forum member too (he isnt is he :shock: ) , that was what really got me about the pink poseur - doing at all is bad enough but doing it to a fellow member - that really ought to be a bannable offence.

shocking

lurker":nzeqowzf said:

I have spoken to chris a few times since the job thread via pm and the job offer was never brought up again , its funny as i was going to pop in and see him the other day while i was in his area and the only reason i did not was because i had left my portfolio at home , :roll:

Ive stayed out of this thread because it doesnt affect me , it seems that everyone is having a dig at Pinky over this even people who are not involved , what he has done is wrong but really thats between him and Dan .

Im sure others on this site have done the same and gotten away with it , even Dan said that he did it when starting off his website :lol: I see some people are calling for Pinky to be banned , now i dont get that :? why should he be banned , he didnt rip off the forum , he ripped off a member .. And i dont think he will be back on here anytime soon do you :roll:

eggflan":2yi9olh9 said:
lurker":2yi9olh9 said:

I have spoken to chris a few times since the job thread via pm and the job offer was never brought up again , its funny as i was going to pop in and see him the other day while i was in his area and the only reason i did not was because i had left my portfolio at home , :roll:

Ive stayed out of this thread because it doesnt affect me , it seems that everyone is having a dig at Pinky over this even people who are not involved , what he has done is wrong but really thats between him and Dan .

Im sure others on this site have done the same and gotten away with it , even Dan said that he did it when starting off his website :lol: I see some people are calling for Pinky to be banned , now i dont get that :? why should he be banned , he didnt rip off the forum , he ripped off a member .. And i dont think he will be back on here anytime soon do you :roll:

to be fair dan did also say that he ripped off pictures from the states not from a fellow forum member - the former may be stealing but the latter is like stealing from your mates pockets while they arent looking. I also note that despite pinky's promises to the contrary dans pictures are still on his website.

Personally i think ripping off pics from another forum member and presenting them as your own should be a banning offence for anyone, not just pinky, as a matter of principle.

I also think that this isnt just between him and dan , that kind of conduct (and everything else he has got up to) effects everyone who uses the forum.

Maia28":1k5bplxn said:
PS you a private detective by any chance?

Heh, no :D I'm a technical artist in the games industry, so I deal with this sort of data every day.

Back